Who was born in the year with the best cars?

5 Likes

Ahh the Saab, fondest memory I have of 900 Turbo (model from memory so may not be exact) is when one of my neighbors couldn’t get it started for like a 100th time that week and I said something like he just doesn’t know how to take care of cars (lighthearted jab), he just threw the keys to me and said your problem now and walked away. I thought he was joking, at night he came by my apartment, and I thought he’s there to pick up the keys, but he actually was holding the title. This was the only time in my life that I was arguing with someone over a free car as I didn’t want that nightmare either :slight_smile:

Large and in charge…

buick_electra_limited_landau_creme_1975

Screen-shot-2014-11-17-at-12.09.16-PM

3 Likes

993 911 was probably the coolest new car introduced.

4 Likes

'93 was a cool year. Aston Martin DB7, Lincoln Mark VIII, Chrysler’s brilliance with LHS and the whole “cab forward”, Mazda Millenia was very sought after in some circles. And of course the star of 1993 Kia Sportage! How can you not mention Kia Sportage?!?! :slight_smile:

'58 Corvette a timeless classic! However,

I’m now convinced I’m the oldest guy on this site.

5 Likes

My parents were not even born yet!

I wasn’t even born yet when the amazing Sportage was first released.

Ok all message received!

1 Like

Or ever for that matter.

1 Like

First car I remembered when I was a kid in Hong Kong (1969 2002). There was this yellow 2002 parked inside the projects where I lived, to this date I don’t know how someone that owned a BMW got approved for subsidized housing, maybe it was super cheap back then.

4 Likes

This is so nasty :laughing: I remembered wanting to buy one when it came out (1993?), should’ve borrowed some money and buy a Supra turbo.

1 Like

I wasn’t born between 1966-1973 when the best cars where born, so I won’t post any pictures of a 1966 GTO or 1970 Charger or 1971 Hemi Cuda or 1966 Chevelle or 1969 fastback or 1968 SS Camaro or 1968 roadrunner or GTX or 1966 Nova SS.

See if you like anything from your year.

I literally listed anything I liked

Lucky you- you were a kid for a long time

1 Like

Not sure what cars came out in 1979 but as a kid in the 80’s I remember the older Lincoln Town Cars. The hood was a mile long, they rode buttery soft and could literally fit 20 people in the back seat lmaoo

3 Likes

Ok, I guess I misunderstood and you only meant that all the best cars were introduced only between 1966-73.

And don’t forget that those Lincolns were basically indestructible. Had a family friend with an '85 Towncar. 500k+ on the odometer (former black car), nothing electric worked properly anymore, leather was basically disintegrating, but it kept on driving. And while you could fit a lot of people in the back seat, the trunk space in terms of bodycount was even more impressive :slight_smile:

1 Like

Among the first of the post-WW2 refreshes, 1948

2 Likes

Do I hear 1947 or less. Right now the oldest hacker stands at 1948, let’s see some numbers, 1948 going once, going twice… do we have anyone older… ?

1 Like