Which one would you rather

Performance is terrible for the size of the battery. It’s like a MX 60D.

1 Like

I’ll pretend I’ve never seen a Trism post filled with descriptive adjectives, and remind you that you own a used Prius (and RX350), which makes you an expert. “Opposite of exhilarating” left me wanting more. :star: :star: :star:

4 Likes

If you ever intend to entwine your finances with another person, I highly recommend finding someone who is content driving shitty cars… especially if they don’t care what you drive or how much you spend on yours.

3 Likes

Even though it’s a 93kwh battery :sweat:

1 Like

0 to 60 in 5.2 to 5.5 depending on the source, it’s no slug but definitely not keeping up with a Prius, those things are exhilarating and so are Camry based suv’s

And that’s why the MX is still the king. MY gaining steam though.

That’s part of what drew me in.

But this thing feels like 7 or 8 seconds.

This is a capable, attractive vehicle, but I would never classify it as fun… which is what I’m shopping for.

The e-tron is just one of several vehicles I rejected over the weekend, including all three MB products I encountered. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What does this mean “feels like”? So you want it to make a bunch of noise and not actually be going anywhere, that reminds me on my 1991 Civic, it felt and sounded like it was going fast, but the speed odometer didn’t reflect that. My Bolt feels crazy fast off the line and has crazy acceleration, so it feels fast, but the rear suspension reminds you it’s a quality GM product.

It’s a boring car to drive.

A pound of broccoli has 160 calories, roughly the same as four slices of bacon.

I’ll take the bacon every time.

1 Like

e-tron could have been a great option, if it had a 300+ mile real world range

maybe something like this would work…

1 Like

I don’t really buy that, especially if leasing, you only drive so many miles per day. My Bolt has 259 mile “range”, but I never have an issue with range(60 mile round trip commute 4 days a week). I charge it at home maybe once week or every other week at home on level 2, otherwise I charge it at work level 1 4 days a week at 10 hours a pop. Anything around 200 miles is perfectly adequate for a lease.

So go get a 340 or higher level sedan, and don’t end up getting some SUV and tell me it’s fun to drive, I won’t believe you. Better yet, get something with a stick, but you’ll probably complain that that won’t work because of traffic or some BS

I’d go for this the same price:

https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-own.html#/studio/e8xh7zlb/summary

The 4.0 version feels faster than you expect and 0-60 time is quicker than E-tron’s.

Price and payment are two completely different things. I don’t think you can get the X5 40i for e tron money. E tron’s are on fire sale

2 Likes

Where does the OP mention that he’s shopping around by payment?

e-tron is definitely on a fire-sale if you have Loyalty and Costco to stack…

Well that must be some sort of factor, why else would anyone look at the e tron? The only reason anyone is talking about it on here, is because it’s on fire sale, otherwise there would be no posts about it. As @inoc has said, I think Costco and Loyalty are key to hacking it, especially Loyalty, that’s $2k right there.

1 Like

The payment is important but why one would even consider an X5 then?
There’s no way you can get an x5 for the current Etron’s payment.
Especially if you consider a new build vs an in stock car.
:man_shrugging:

Sure, if I get an SUV that’s fun to drive, you’ll be the last to know.