Which 2018 BMW X3 deal is better?

Forget all of the other metrics, just add up all of your monthly payments for 36 months and add your DAS total to get your total out of pocket for the lease. So, then the answer that really makes your decision is: are those two features worth $3,000 to you? Because in the end that’s the price difference you’ll pay over the life of the lease. Everybody is motivated by different things.

Thanks. I’m having a hard time justifying the extra cost for the extra options. How do the numbers look overall on Option 1?

Horrible. You are way over the 1% rule… FOR A RETIRE LOANER! It should be leasing at 0.7-0.8

2 Likes

I’ll agree on this being a bad deal –– but the counter point to that is that X3 are just flat out leasing horribly overall. If this is the exact car you want, you’re not going to get good numbers. If you’re chasing a ‘deal’ I’d switch to something else. I was also chasing an X3 for a bit until switching my attention to a QX60 and I’m close to securing a sweet deal.

True x3 doesn’t lease well. Also the GLC doesn’t lease well either. Guess the demand of these crossover are high

The QX60 is nice, but a little too large for my garage. I do really like the X3 and it seems to lease better than the Q5, GLC, and 2019 RDX. I know deals can be had on the 2018 RDX, but it seems a little dated on the interior.

How much rebates/incentives in each?

KS is a tougher market than California, but I am picking up my $52,245 MSRP X3 next week and got an 8.3 deal from @BMW_Dave ,but I had the benefit of MSD’s and a fleet rebate in addition to the standard $1500 credit. For me, I had to have both Premium (HUD in particular) and Convenience and I prefer leather to Sensatec. I place no value on the basic Driving Assistance …it is just lane departure warning and blind spot…I don’t need that. DA+ with ACC would be much more useful, but that comes in very few models on the lot. That $47k car is probably lightly optioned and has Sensatec which may or may not work for you.

Agree re leasing the X3 versus the Q5 and RDX. Even though the RDX MF and RV’s are superior to BMW (.00131 and 60%+), there is limited ability to get a selling price that makes it pencil out. I actually didn’t care much for the RDX. It suffers from the usual Honda/Acura overcomplicated infotainment (notwithstanding the fact that the RDX is touted as a brand new platform with its new track pad technology. I suffered through Acura tech with my old MDX and said never again.

Stellllllllllviooooooo

2 Likes

For Option 1, the only rebate is the $1500 loyalty. For Option 2, I got the loyalty and the $1000 from the spring into summer test drive event.

I really do not like the looks of the Stelvio. I’m also concerned about the fit and finish of it.

Despite what they tell you, there is definitely more room in option #1. You are at 12% off, and you should be able to get close to 15% off before incentives if you stay patient and get lucky that no one steps in and over pays.

For #2 you are at 7.5% which may or may not be as far as you can go depending on the dealer. There are dealers in Calif that start at 8% and some that get to 10%, but I don’t know your local market.

I just managed to close a deal in Texas on a 2019 X3 at the end of May. Premium tier. Sapphire metallic black with cognac interior. Got lucky with tax credits (no sales tax) so came in at just about 1% rule. On an X3 - I felt like that was a pretty solid deal so I pulled the trigger.

9.5% off before incentives then stacked on loyalty ($1.5K) and an X2 Drive Event Certificate ($1K). I’m also expecting to get a $500 rebate in the mail from BMW CCA (see other forum posts).

MSRP: $50,895
Sales Price: $43,575 (including all rebates and incentives)
Money Factor: .00166
Residual: 59%
Miles/Month: 10k/36 months
Monthly Payment (before tax): $499
Monthly Payment (after tax): $499 (found the TX tax credit!)
DAS: $1,750 + First Month Payment $499

Thanks for the numbers. I used them to get some better numbers on Option 2 - see below. Your DAS seem much higher than mine, are you putting money down as a cap cost reduction?

Updated Option 2 numbers:

MSRP: $52,680
Sales Price: $45,298 (including all rebates and incentives)
Money Factor: .00166
Residual: 58%
Miles/Month: 12k/36 months
Monthly Payment (before tax): $563
Monthly Payment (after tax): $616 (tax rate of 9%)
DAS: $930.62 (first month payment + fees)
Leasehackr Score: 7.7 years

With the updated pricing, Option 2 gets a slightly better Leasehackr Score. I also think I can use dealer at Option 2 to get more for my trade-in. I’ll definitely sign up for BMW CCA to get the rebate. Thanks for that info.

Yes so I put $1750 down in addition to the first month’s payment. Some went to fees and some to CCR. I only did this for a few reasons:

1. I am going to be applying for a mortgage soon so keeping debt-to-income ratios in line was important.
  2. I had $1k in American Express gift cards that have been burning a hole in my pocket and it seemed like a good opportunity to use them.
  3. I knew I was going to get the CCA rebate mailed back but wanted that money used against the payments so decided to front myself the money.
  4. I wanted to stay under the $500 mark for psychological (nonsensical) reasons.
  5. I paid the remaining amount by SPG Amex and got some SPG points in before the dilution in August (pre-august points transfer to Marriott at 3 to 1, thereafter will be 2-to-1)
1 Like

I know 4 months is an eternity in leasing land but in Feb I leased a 2017 X3 (pretty much fully loaded except for HUD and real leather) and it was well worth paying $41.66 more to ship it from KS to CA. So I don’t know the part about KS being a tougher market :smile:

Stelvio might be cheaper, be more fun and sound better, but the interior quality isn’t up to BMW, the ride quality is better balanced with the X3 and back seat space is more generous with the BMW.

Depends on priorities.

@SpecialK could you please pm the dealer in Texas?

deal 1 if you are not to concerned with the packages

there is a dealership in maryland offering 9k off the car + whatever incentive you qualify for

I also recommend leasing the x3 for 24 months!