Where do you shop for used cars at?

Maybe an odd question for Leashackrs but where do you guys browse/shop for used cars these days?

I used to primarily used Craigslist - then Autotrader/cars.com, however lately I’ve been a Cargurus guy first (I like their interface better for some reason).

Where have you guys been shopping at?

1 Like

Facebook market place is popular since Craigslist charges now, nextdoor is worth a browse too.

1 Like

All the ones you listed are good places…as Joe mentioned I also check FB Marketplace, NextDoor app, and its worth a couple of minutes to check Ebay Motors. Admittedly I am usually looking for private sellers vs dealers when it comes to used vehicles.

Bringatrailer if you’re looking for something a little different

2 Likes

It really depends on what you’re looking for, sub $15k I lean towards private party or wholesale surplus auctions(I’ve purchased several ex government fleet vehicles), over $15k I lean towards dealers, although it’s leases mostly.

1 Like

Been watching that for certain things in the past + been really paying attention to Doug Demuro’s CarsandBids.com Pretty interesting.

Any website that allows to search by CPO.

I hugely prefer cars.com to AT’s interface… AT breaks out results into 2-3 subsets (premium ads, standard, etc.) which is annoying and increases the time required to browse through them

2 Likes

Only thing I don’t like about Cars.com is I can’t figure out how to sort out branded title vehicles.