Where do you invest your money?

Isn’t it interesting to see this chart when it was almost written into definite BK last year…

2 Likes

I didn’t think they would go BK unless the economy crashed. They just had too much infrastructure and good branding to go out. Hedge funds were drooling over them at $3/share. I bought some but sold it already. Prob should have held longer but it was a nice 3bagger in a month

1 Like

A slice of cheese is now $0.90 extra.

I was discussing this with a friend, and he suggested bringing my own cheese… which is brilliant.

A pack of 16 American singles is $1.99 at ALDI.

Today I got mayo instead, as usual, and paid with a Five Guys gift card I bought at OfficeMax (used a 10% back OfficeMax merchant offer on my Chase Sapphire Reserve).

No fries, no drink, and ordered it “to go” to avoid Ohio sales tax.

3 Likes

Computer: delete “friend” and empty the recycle bin

Your gift card balance can buy 93 slices of cheese. The tax savings here (iirc) is $0.51 which means every 2 times you avoid tax you get a free slice of cheese. The office depot 10% bought you 11 free slices of cheese.

Inquiring minds want to know: how many mustard packets did you pocket?

5 Likes

Five Guys only sells beef?

You buy a .35 Shasta from Walmart too?

LOL to go saves sales tax? That’s insane

Went to bww for @Bostoncarconcierge favorite boneless wings and these cockroaches charge a $1 takeout fee :skull:

5 Likes

Isn’t that point of In-n-out asking in the drive-thru if you want it to go or to eat in the car?

if you bring your own, it’s not all melty on top though

2 Likes

A wise man once said, “Life is hard.”

This all sounds stupid (because it is), but of the $X that’s dumped into checking every month whatever isn’t spent gets saved/invested.

So in 30 years we’ll have an extra $106 just from my Five Guys hacks. :stuck_out_tongue:

I got some of this from my grandfather. He could unpackage a stick of butter and cover three pieces of toast with what was stuck to the paper.

He was also a serial entrepreneur, and a shrewd investor. It was a mindset for him.

3 Likes

Is your bro Ed Bolian

3 Likes

My goodness this brings me back to the old college days of counting every last penny. I’m dying over how hilariously stingy this is. I appreciate the hustle. Though I can no longer in good conscience afford Five Guys burgers anymore. I used my Bonvoy Brilliant restaurant credit there earlier this year and for two people, it exceeded the $25 credit. I dropped $30 for little burgers and a cajun fry :face_vomiting:

6 Likes

It’s whether they put it in a box or a bag.

1 Like

Did you ever happen to get his LDL or A1C numbers after the butter trick?

No, but he certainly had longevity.

He passed away last October, just 6 weeks before he turned 101.

We had tickets booked to attend his birthday party in December. :cry:

Amazing man.

9 Likes

When my wife and I first got married we lived in a high cost of living area and one of our tricks was to “go out for dinner” in the mall food court on Friday night. There was a good Cajun place there that had blackened fish that we loved. To save even more, we would bring our own cans of soda from the supermarket, which were a fraction of what they charged for fountain drinks. Good times.

8 Likes

101! That’s a loooooooong life!

1 Like

Why???!

1 Like

It isn’t complicated

1 Like

Anybody know when FedNow will launch?