Where do you invest your money?

I don’t think the caste system is used much. It is used by some but not often now.

1 Like

Agreed, but that’s why I thought it was a remnant of the caste system as far as what you said about how Indians are concerned about how others think of them.

3 Likes

I personally believes it’s cuz of the egos we have. Very big egos. We have to be the best in everything and have everything that is the best.

Like for example when it comes to gold we probably buy the most 22k gold but never wear it in life . We give it to relatives :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

There are worse things people can gift each other. I prefer not to waste money on the cost of fashioning jewelry but at least it still has value

2 Likes

Sidebar - he was brutally murdered.

1 Like

I guess that’ll happen when you flaunt your wealth like that around jealous people.

2 Likes

Gold is best investment

3 Likes

Not really lol. If you get the colorful stones in it, then it’s bad.

1 Like

I like japanes gold repair as well

this is stuff you hand down 19.3 generations and then sell for tons of money

2 Likes

Kind of agree. In my culture, people like to flaunt wealth too. Car is more of a status symbol than a mode of transport. However, here in California, I see people owning multi-million dollar houses while driving a 10-year-old Prius.

3 Likes

that’s all you can afford after a california mortgage.

7 Likes

The own the appreciation on the house but they’re smart enough not to use said appreciation as a piggy bank. Doesn’t mean that they have millions laying around, not until they sell it at least. Then there’s the issue of finding somewhere else to live, so only option is to move. This is what’s causing many small town real estate markets to boom and price out locals.

Here’s a good example…

1 Like

Up to date housing price trends:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/interactive/2023/housing-market-price-trends/?itid=mr_business_1

1 Like

“The community is located in a hurricane evacuation zone and has few ways in or out and it can be difficult to obtain home insurance.”

i honestly cannot fathom how much it costs to insure a mobile home in a hurricane evac zone these days.

I thought this was going to be your typical slumlord trailer park, feeding off of government checks. :grin:

Good article and it was interesting to read about the areas. I applaud some of the residents immediate decision to refuse the offer and trying to preserve what is left from what once was. Sometimes there is more than life than chasing a quick check.

1 Like

I’d imagine most don’t carry hurricane insurance. Rebuild cost for a trailer is prob cheaper then insuring it

Considering those trailers have been there for like 60-70 years. And never were destroyed by a hurricane seems like a risk I wouldn’t take, depending on the insurance costs.

yeah but then you lose all your belongings. that’s got to be a real bitch to face up to during the season.

Insurance lenders here have gotten insane. I believe they make you replace your roof now every 10 years to get coverage which can cost $50k+. But you can’t mortgage a place without it so I’m not sure how most people do it here.

I’m thinking many have paid cash and go without it rather then spend 15-20k a year on it. With all the hoops you have to jump through to even file a claim the risk reward is very narrow. Of course when the big one hits here again all the uninsured are gonna bitch and moan so the govt has to pay for it again

That’s what you get for living in the scammiest state of the union. I honestly don’t understand why people complain about one of the most competitive and regulated industries there are, if there’s a profit to be made the are hundreds of insurers ready to bite…

Clean up the scams and you’ll start seeing some reasonable rates

1 Like

what about fema? They subsidize for millionaire beachfront owners…

All insurance is a ponzi scheme quasi scam, the mortgage companies are in bed with them as well with their “requirements”

As for Florida being “scammy” my cost of living here is about the same as when I lived in the northeast when I factor in no state/local income tax. And quality of life is way better.

Miami/dade and broward are prob the most corrupt counties as well and they’re run by the same policital class for decades and most are from NY, not native Floridians.

2 Likes