Where do you invest your money?

For my friend with account in Schwab - he was only able to get some one on phone after whole day and 8th tries and hours on hold.

Account still down.

Schwab was on its side the whole day.

2 Likes

My one share was from schwab online no drama. Then my wife said I should’ve bought more lol.

1 Like

What firms will take buys on these various stocks tomorrow that aren’t restricting?

E*TRADE hasn’t given me a single issue all day on any of the tickers

1 Like

Schwab also working for me right now.

It seems like all the established players are up. Vanguard, TRowe Price, Fidelity.

The more we learn I’m leaning to this being some serious dirty business between RH/WeBull and Citadel while being munch less certain about how involved the legacy investment companies were in this. Tomorrow should answer some of these questions though. If Vanguard, E-Trade and Fidelity stay up and fully open all day I will definitely be leaning towards them not being active players in this conspiracy.

I read multiple people have issues with etrade and schwab. Ameritrade is pretty huge and I had many issues with them. They’re likely all complicit in one way or another. If yellen actually called robinhood then why wouldn’t her cronies call the rest of them?

The thing is I made about 20 trades per day the last few days. Most people don’t. So your one trade getting executed doesn’t mean your platform wasn’t selectively restricting access to certain stocks.

You believe the media now? Did either RH or Yellen/Treasury confirm this call? If she did and pressured them to do something unethical she should resign but I see no credible stories about her calling them

It’s a pandemic (right? I’m not keeping up with the news lately) so they need to limit it so everyone can buy some…just like toilet paper.

2 Likes

It’s a good perspective sir.

2 Likes

Yes and yes. But will anything come of that letter? Hopefully both sides can actually work together here.

Ted Cruz agreed with aoc today and she has to go back to BS partisanship. These are supposed to be the adults that run the planet. It’s appalling.

2 Likes

It’s ok I’ve been awake for 4 days and my wife wants to kill me. I’ve been putting together trade strategies only to get completely silencened on a program I’ve been paying for 20 years. Yes I used to pay 11.99 per trade or whatever they used to charge! Haha

The simulation has a lot in store for us in 2021. I’m embracing it and it’ll be an interesting ride/trip for sure. No hard feelings.

1 Like

Throwing my off-ramp 2c in here, I have great respect for you @BoardWalkNJ, however, I think…

This one is an actual conspiracy theory, it was one person they were targeting and she was touring her family. When asked in a CNN interview who he was talking about Steve Cohen had to backtrack around the subject because he really didn’t even have the slightest shred of proof that any GOP congresspeople toured rioters. There were some freshmen congresspeople who toured their families, and then it snowballed into “well I saw them with people and I don’t like them so they were rioters”.

I think thats why the story died so quickly. But hey, investigate, can’t hurt. I just think in the end it’ll bear out that they were touring their families as they said. They should look into it, if its true, its bad. I think many on the right just find such a double standard there. Dem says something with no evidence and theres an investigation, someone on the right brings up something with some evidence and it goes nowhere (no I’m not talking about election related anything :rofl:)

Regardless, they’re taking it too far trying to oust Cruz and Hawley. The democrats have objected to every republican president going back quite some time. It’s procedural, it happens almost every time, and it never had a chance at changing the election.

Bought more shares on the dip today, LETS GOOOOOOO. TAYCAN TAYCAN TAYCAN

7 Likes

What platform are you buying on?

1 Like

E Trade was fine all day until the last two hours before market close. It was said that there servers were overloaded from all the new Robinhood traders moving to different brokerages but who knows how much truth there is to that. They were also taking orders over the phone apparently.

1 Like

I use Chase, which has been flawless this whole time. Very happy with it overall.

1 Like

So we haven’t discussed the relatively benign cause to this whole kerfuffle being circulated by such sources as RH’s CEO They just weren’t ready for the sudden explosion of trading on their platform and basically ran out of money. Oops

2 Likes

THIS SHIT IS STRAIGHT FROM IBK CHAIRMAN!!!
“if you participated in buying shares in GameStop near $200 when it was “worth” $17, there is really no other explanation other than market manipulation.”

OMG!!!

They set 100% on long and 300% on short margin and said they restricted trading in GME because they were afraid they will incur loses…how the fuck do you incur losses when you require 100% margin on long?! The idiot name is Thomas Peterffy, btw. Put that on your vanity toilet paper.

6 Likes

He openly admitted that they shut it down to prevent “losses”, and we all know whose losses were prevented. Or, maybe just postponed…

4 Likes