Hyundai Ioniq 5 deal check in Texas & similar cars

I’m looking for a Hyundai Ioniq 5 or a Mercedes EQ SUV. I see loads of deals and brokers in other states, but next to nothing here. And very few that will ship here.

Beyond the obvious jokes, is there something unusual about Texas that prevents some of these great deals from filtering here?

I’ve never done a lease before, so I’m giving myself a crash course on it. I feel decently comfortable discussing the various factors to a lease, and I know the exact Models and Trim and options of the vehicles I want. Just need a nudge in the right direction.

TX lease taxes are attrocious when sales tax credits arent available, so they usually end up way more expensive.

Yea I know our lease sales tax laws stink. Does that simply drive away brokers from doing business here? It’s an extra cost, sure, but you should still be able to see some decent deals excluding the sales tax no?

What would you recommend for someone in my position to do?

This month, Chevy Blazer has lease sales tax credits…

@iac is a TX based broker focusing mostly on BMW’s and I believe another broker represents Toyota out of TX. Many times in TX the deal is to finance and not lease. If your mind is dead set on leasing, it may not be a good or great deal, but this community can make it the best it can be given the factors you can’t control like lease taxes.

1 Like

There is nothing on the current market that I just LOVE, and with NACS changes coming and the ever maturing of the EV market Im content to just punt for 2-3 years to see how things shake out.

Not opposed to buying outright, but as nothing REALLY jumps out at me atm I dont want to lose my ass on rapid depreciation on anything.

From what I’ve gathered, this month the Tundra and Bz4x have tax credits.
On the Nissan side, the Frontier, Armada and Altima have Tax credits.
I also did a quick stop by a Chevy dealership and guy there told me everything there has tax credits, but not too sure on that one.:joy_cat:

As long as I’ve been on the forum, most deals I’ve seen are either for east coast or west coast LH’rs, followed by Florida, and then maybe TX. I’m in the market myself and I have no idea what I’m going to get.

I’m also in the market as my 18 month Nissan Frontier lease comes to an end on the 12 of May.
I was hoping the Titan would get tax credits and then do a one pay with multiple security deposits but there’s been none the last couple months as far as I know.

Btw, I don’t know if Lexus has tax credits on the RZ450 but there’s $16k lease incentives on the 2024 and $20k incentives on 2023s. Might find a good deal if dealership does a discount on them.

I wonder if they’re still doing those 18mo Frontier deals. If you’re looking at Lexus you might have some luck on the Lexus NX 450h since it gets the $7500 credit. I’m trying to see if I can snagged a 4Runner TRD Pro before they’re gone.

2 Likes

There was an EQS deal from Dallas posted today or yesterday in Trophy Garage. It was a one pay. You can click on the calculator and change it to a traditional lease if one pay is not for you. It was a full sales tax deal and still wasn’t horrible.

1 Like

Yeah I saw it. I’m not really into the EVs- just not my thing. OP might have some luck though

(Near) Top of the line Ioniq 5! Leases suck in Texas, and so do most Hyundai dealers. Even reaching out of state this is the best deal I’ve come across so far.

My goals are primarily to punt the car decision 2 years forward until the NACS switchover happens and also give the industry 2 more years to catch up. What do y’all think of this deal?

You need to separate outnthe incentives from the discounts so you can properly compare the deal. Assuming this has the $10k lease cash these seem to get, this is almost an at msrp deal which looks pretty meh.

Youre also missing dealer and registration fees.

Thanks for the good feedback. Dealers are closed here today but I’ve put in a request for the actual offer sheet. I’ll post back when they send it over, thanks!

You dont need that info from the dealer. You should be putting together a target deal before ever talking to a dealer, which would include the proper rv/mf/incentives. Dont rely on the dealer to give you accurate information when they have a vested interest in not sharing it.

Interestingly enough, it is just as bad in Maryland and there are no sales tax credits. In contrast, leasing is pretty common in MD - at least on luxury cars. Granted, Maryland is much wealthier than anywhere in Texas so that likely has something to do with it.

I reached out to the 13 dealers in our metro areas under a different name and number to get a basic baseline and see what would offer. This is my first time messing with leases and its tough to find good info in Texas on Hyundai leases.

Everyone one of those came back 0 down, $800/mo initially for the 60k msrp Limited awp. I reached back to them on my main number, and when given the 800/mo countered with some of these Id seen on here, though in other states. I don’t know enough to feel confident in sending them an offer yet, I’ll get there.

Texas seems tough with the tax credits. Do you know enough on the I5s to assist in building a first draft offer? I dont even know what ‘good’ looks like on this still, so many variables and not just a lot of them getting leased.

Putting together a target deal never involves asking a dealer for quotes.

Your best place to start is in the marketplace and shared deals section here to look at other deals to establish what an aggressive pre-incentive discount is.

From there, youll want to start populating the lh calculator with that information, as well as the rv/mf/incentives as they apply to you.

Having current, accurate information for residual value, money factor, and incentives is important in understanding your deal. As such, going directly to a source that has access to that data from the captive banks is your best option.

Rate Findr has that information, as they have direct access to it from the captive banks. It’s a tool on the Leasehackr Calculator, available to Super Supporters.

You can pull the gov fees and dealer fees out of the offers you currently have for populating the calculator.

Once you have that all gathered, post up your target deal here for review before going and talking to dealers.

3 Likes