When is a good time to lease new car

I mean which month, before the new model is about to release? or just after

The week between Christmas and New Year’s :slight_smile:

1 Like

15 minutes before closing on Dec 31st.

1 Like

Only if it falls on Saturday

1 Like

And besides this? I tried to lease a 2017 car, but the deal is poor. I saw someone said because the 2018 model is about to release, so the residual for 2017 is low

Besides this, the best day is the last day of the month on a car that has been sitting for more than 180 days (presumably prior year model). Sometimes they clear out BEFORE the new model to make space for the new model, sometimes they offer discounts after the new model due to greater interest in the new model …

The ES350? People have gotten good deals on them on here. It has heavy incentives right now. Maybe competition in your area sucks or your negotiating skills do.

I don’t know man, I first got an offer for a 43k car with 39month,$489. Then I tried to use this deal to compete with others. However, the others are either give me a even worse deal, or a slightly better deal(36/$485, or MSRP:45k,36/$500)
but all of these deals are worse than deals I saw in this forum. I showed u guys’ deal to them, and just dont give a fck about it, told me, region is different.

PS: one of the dealer even force me to make the deal after they gave me their ‘best number’(36/$500). after I said I need to consider, they simply took the price paper back, won’t let me have it, and said “oh then maybe we should consider this number for u as well”

You’re going to get the highest RV when the car is first released.

As far as when to get the best monthly payment, I’m going to say November and December. The new cars have been on the lots long enough that dealers will take more off the MSRP, you’ll get holiday incentives, dealers want to move more cars to boost their year-end numbers, and people hate going outside in the snow so dealerships will have less customers which means more savings for you.

It sounds like you’re bad at negotiating.

Get a broker.

2 Likes

So I was correct. Your negotiating skills are bad. The experts on here never negotiate on monthly payments.

My only response to this thread is 3:24pm :slight_smile:

whenever I read about people asking about “when’s the best time to lease a car” I think, this obviously means they don’t need the car now. It also makes me think of people who believe they can time the stock market (but that’s a total aside)

therefore, the best time to lease a car is generally when you need it / will use the heck out of it.

If you don’t need it now, even if the price goes up in a month or two when you actually need it / will begin to use it a lot, generally it wont go up significantly past the savings you gained from not paying for it for the time you didn’t need it. i.e. a $400 lease that you push off getting for 2 months will probably save you $1000 of wasted money (say $100 a month for insurance and $400 for the lease). even if the lease pricing goes against you by $1K you’re neutral. Now, it could go against you by more (but can also benefit you).

Similarly, if you need it now, even if pricing gets $1000 better in 2 months, you got 2 months of usage out of it that you needed and I’d argue that is probably significant value.

That’s not always true. Some people just get that new car itch and decide they want something new. Maybe they already own a car or have a lease that they could swap or give to a family member.

If the final monthly price is based upon basically 2 variables - I hardly see the difference in how you negotiate it - so long as you realize the breakdown of what you’re negotiating. It’s just semantics at that point.

Does it sound like the OP has or understands the breakdown? The dealer could be marking up the MF/acq fee, adding other BS fees, giving very little discount off MSRP and the OP doesn’t even know it. What if one dealer quotes a monthly (based on a great discount, but marked up fees) vs another (not great discount, but no marked up fees)? The OP doesn’t have the breakdown, so doesn’t know to go to the first dealer to ask for same cap cost, but no marked up fees.

I agree with all of that

I just called a few dealerships to ask and they all answered RIGHT NOW! They have never seen LOW prices like this before and the only way to take advantage of these incredible sales is act fast and come into the dealership TODAY. One salesman said they are practically GIVING cars away!!!

Just kidding. Keep tabs here on the forums. Different regions get different incentives. Take shared deals here with a grain of salt because there are so many variables compared to what you may build.

1 Like

I believe the best deals come when you don’t need a car. If you have something (perhaps an old car) that you can drive for awhile after your current lease expires then you won’t have to jump into a marginal deal.

1 Like

+1 for this. You get the best deal on a BMW when you show up in your Mercedes you just leased.

1 Like