When can we expect Ford to throw sizable incentives at the F-150?

There are apparently 55,000+ new 2020 F-150’s in the lot nationwide at the moment. The 2021 is supposedly hitting the lots in a few months. When would heavy discounts be the norm? Unsure if anyone here is aware of past trends of that kind.

I think 55,000+ new on the lots is not very many for F-150s. So I wouldn’t expect heavy discounts but maybe I’m wrong.

So a 15-20 day supply in normal times. Not exactly a glut.

There is very little trunk money and subventing of rates in Ford trucks (historically and right now). If they aren’t selling well enough, that will change.

Ford is also a brand notorious for ending lease support early and flipping the incentives to purchase-only. And they play the holiday game. Maybe Labor Day -maybe?

A good friend just traded their F150 for an F450 on Monday and tells me the dealer was busy and people were buying cars/trucks.

Your crystal ball is as good as mine. :man_shrugging:t2::crystal_ball:

Ford sold 900k F150s in 2019. 55k won’t even last a month.

1 Like

Jesus… I guess I wasn’t aware F-150’s were sold on this scale. Regarding Ford dealers being busy… Yep, it’s true.

Time to change the game plan then.

Past trends mean nothing.

1 Like

Ford doesn’t stay in business giving away Fusions.

They sell/lease roughly 100k trucks a month. The interest rate/MFs on trucks is 3-6% APR with usually about 1k or less incentives.

Ford exists because of trucks. Lots and lots and lots.

F Series is #1 Selling truck in USA. USA auto market is practically Trucks & crossovers now…

1 Like

Certainly one of the reasons you see so many of us on here with a Tundra. Yes, it is a design that hasn’t changed in 15 years. Yes, the mpg’s aren’t great. It’s up on the list in terms of reliability though. I’ve had two Tundra’s and currently a Taco…I really wanted to look at the new Ranger however I wasn’t willing to pay another $150 + / month over the Taco for the same capabilities.

When I was at Ford yesterday, the dealer is anticipating another shut down in a month or 2. I assume it will be a while before f150 discounts. Ranger on the other hand might be a diff story