What would you buy for $10k?

No plates/registration is the usual for the Bronx.

2 Likes

Pennsylvania, South Carolina, & Florida plates are actually the norm in The Bronx as are the paper plates…

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/camarillo-1984-nissan-datsun-300zx/7506463613.html

That’s crazy talk. Maybe if it was a turbo, but it ain’t.

1 Like

Bought my 2nd JDM last night. Won’t have it for a couple of months, of course, but I’m looking forward to it. This will likely be a keeper. It will replace my 4xe. I will be into it for maybe $6k or so when all is said and done.

7 Likes

This is a Dakar legend. congrats

1 Like

Year? I’m guessing late ‘90s. I believe I was driving one of the latest and greatest on one of my recent trips.

you bought a bird???

mind sharing your overseas contact

what the heck is a bird?

considering I’m buying and selling JDM units, too, I’m not so inclined to give away the farm. Sorry. I spent A LOT of time doing the research and legwork. But it is one of the sites you can find just by googling. I warn you, though, it is a minefield.

@zaimer it is a '94

5 Likes

Were these superior to the LHD USDM versions?

Like I can see why someone would want to import an E36 M3, for example. Genuinely curious what the differences on the Pajero are.

diesel not available here.

1 Like

WDYT

Looks like it’s clean and in pretty good shape. To me, anything that’s $2,000 is worth the risk. You might have little to no issues or catastrophic failure but there’s some sort of thrill to that.

2 Likes

I think the 6cyl versions had more problems with their transmissions. I had a 1999 4cyl Accord which gave me no problems for the 10yrs I owned it. My parents had a 1998 with the 6cyl and that transmission was replaced in the early 2000s. (Anecdotal I know, but I think the 6cyl had too much power for the trans they used).

Depends on whether you can register/pass inspection in your state with a CEL.

In Jersey they don’t bother you if you don’t have inspection.

Yeah they do.

When do they bother you about inspection?
Not registration, inspection.

1 Like

What are you trying to show??