What would you buy for $10k?

8th Civic would be around 5-7k with less than 100k miles. The good thing for 8th civic is you can do all kind of modifications you like and the parts are so cheap. If everything works fine, you should be able to sell it at same price to college kids couple years later.

2 Likes

I’m likely to put up my G35 for sale soon; the Elantra N I put a deposit on should be ready any day - I’ll drop the CL link when it’s ready.

It was a great idea and I love the car for the purpose, but my wife is not a fan - so away it goes!

4 Likes

You can track your title and plates. Delaware DMV website, Dealer services, then dealer portal. You can see what submission day the DMV is processing. Today Wilmington is working on paperwork submitted on 4/21.

In case anyone is interested:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/seattle-2008-infiniti-g35/7497456518.html

1 Like

It will probably sell regardless, but the reflection of the driveway on the car makes it look dirty.

Yeah - it needs a wash; I wanted to get it up - will update the photos later once I do rinse it off.

Any clean Lexus es 350 that is ONE OWNER , CARFAXED , DEALER SERVICED .

These things last forever. Most times a 200,000 mile dealer serviced es 350 will be in better condition, drive better and look better than most car at the same price with less than 100,000 miles.

https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/d/uniondale-1997-toyota-corolla-for-sale/7496087562.html

https://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/d/milford-2006-mercury-grand-marquis-one/7495957316.html

1 Like

Does the amount of owners really matter?

yes - more owners = more likelihood one of them does their service at jiffylube

2 Likes

The Nth owner is more likely to not do any maintenance at all.

1 Like

“Dealer serviced” is not particularly important.

If anything, the older a car gets the less likely a dealer is going to know how to maintain it.

1 Like

Somewhat thread adjacent but when do we advise people to not buy these terribly overpriced cars in the setting of impending used car firesale? It’s basically a matter of when carvana goes under and similar outfits are going to follow as well. Dealers also holding tons of used inventory which will basically cascade down in price as soon as they start dumping them.

1 Like

Picked up this gas guzzling v8 for $500 :melting_face:

11 Likes

Have you read the thread? How many of the ads shared here were terribly overpriced?

Give us the run down! What’s wrong with it

1 Like

Nothing they didn’t want it no more
Got it with a full tank of gas
A smog check
And new tags

Basically $200 after those 3 things

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Well we might have diff definitions. They’re decent deals now but historically would be abysmal. That is my point as obviously everyone knows, used car values are dramatically high relative to historical norms and it appears there are going to be a couple of things happening soon that should help with that.

So I wouldn’t be in a hurry to spend 10k on a 15 year old civic with 120k miles or etc right now

I was about to write registration must be higher than what you paid for it haha.

1 Like