What would you buy for $10k?

Thoughts on an unadvertised MazdaSpeed6 with 77k miles and mostly strong maintenance history for 5k? Some seepage from the diff so at a minimum the seal needs to be replaced and the thermostat housing is stuck open.

Not a good choice IMO, their motors are largely the reason why MazdaSpeed and the CX-7 are more or less deleted from the US market. That motor was their first mass produced DI engine WITH a turbo and boy did we pay a price on that. Even with a mostly strong maintenance history these engines do not respond well at all to neglect and suffered from LSPI quite often. I don’t recall them even coming back with a turbo based engine until the latest 3 came with it.

sauce: myself, I bought a first year new MazdaSpeed3 and datalogged the crap out of it.

Low-Speed Pre-Ignition: What Is It And How To Prevent It? - Valvoline.

1 Like

Awd turbo :fire:

The second gen Mazdaspeed3 (2010-2013) and then the 2016+ CX9

Gen two was largely a carryover of the first gen, drivetrain wise.

Missed the memo on the CX-9, overlooked on my part.

Picked up my 09 Buick Lacrosse Cxl.

It was fun listening to the radio for first time in years.

Clean as a whistle and quite invigorating actually turning a key to start it versus a push button of current years.

The 3800 v6 just purrs underneath.

Battery replaced and brake fluid changed. $7590 all in with registration and taxes, and the cost of the PPI.

Looking forward to seeing how many miles I can get on this.

8 Likes

Congrats! Glad to see this thread has helped out a couple people

3 Likes

Sounds like it’s been maintained well and engine/trans should last almost forever if you keep up with regular maintenance … honestly even the cosmetics don’t look bad for a $1,500 car

There’s stuff that just languishes, and there’s the stuff that’s gone in less than a day.

2004 Accord EX 5MT with 85k miles for sub $4,000

2 Likes

I’m about to check out a 2003 Accord EX on Monday with 130K miles listed at $4800.
Seems like a solid choice. My car got totaled two weeks ago and is the worst time to buy a car.

1 Like

You can get you a Crown Vic for the same mernie :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Not everyone wants a CV or MGM though.

1 Like

https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/7539885700.html

Searching LH interface for block button

7 Likes

Check out this gem - they even show how they painted it:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/819523892582831/

Shocked Bbc Three GIF by BBC

OH.
MY.
F*CKING.
GOD.

(random text so that the system lets me post)

1 Like

The sh*tty part is that the costs (vehicle, labor, & parts) combined on one of them “donks” equals to roughly a year of lease payments on one of the incentivized base WB HC Chargers on here (maybe more.)

Horrible.

What do VW enthusiasts think of this?

Seems like the 2.0 base model avoids all the common problems of the 1.8T and power accessories failing. Crank windows FTW LOL!

About This Vehicle

Driven 45,450 miles

Manual transmission

Exterior color: Grey · Interior color: Red

Fuel type: Gasoline

21.0 MPG city · 28.0 MPG highway · 24.0 MPG combined

1 owner

Clean title

This vehicle has no significant damage or problems.

Seller’s Description

• Condition

Used - Good

Very good condition few miles everything works perfect :+1: one owner I accept offers

how is that car working out so far? I’ve come across one that’s similar

1 Like