What to get now as I wait for BMW redesign

I’ve had great experiences with SAL. Ask me anything and i’ll try to help.

@mani_is_kool and @305Hackr, why did you guys go with SAL vs just a new lease? I checked them out, and a lot of the leases seem to be pretty much the same price as I’d pay for a new one.

i’ve done both, assumed a lease and swapped out of a lease. If you have a great lease, people are willing to take it over so it’s a great way to get out and into something new sooner. As far as assuming leases, there are many cars where the person who is currently leasing the car wants to get out at all costs and is willing to take a big hit, pay for transfer fee etc. This is especially true on higher priced cars where people aren’t so price sensitive and are willing to forget about the $2500 incentive they paid and on top pay you $3k to take over a lease just so they can get out. Everything is up for negotiations. There are gems to be had but you gotta find them. There are some things to look out for but once you know how to do it its a great way. I’m a big fan of the BMW lease assumption process, i’ve detailed my experience on this forum many times, you can search of it.

@305Hackr, that makes sense. Seems like you need the luxury of time to really do it right, though. I need a car in 2 weeks. I also considered simply buying a beater and driving that into the ground.

I’ve done a lease assumption with BMW in 5 business days. They’re the fastest. Def doable in 2 weeks if you find the right car.

@305Hackr, why is it easier with BMW than other makes? Because their finance dept is simpler to work with?

they’re on top of things and almost every step is done electronically except the final step. Toyota/Lexus is exact opposite. Takes over 1 month, no updates etc.

I needed a car for my sister urgently as her car got stolen so instead of getting a brand new lease again, i just came across a deal on a IS200t. She is paying effectively $204 for 22 months with 950 miles per month which is more than what she needs. Before the lexus, she was paying 240 bucks for a Camry. Paperwork with lexua was all done via overnight fedex and took 2 weeks and 2 days.

Keep in mind, acura, Honda, Hyundai, kia and some other brands do not allow lease transfer. So be careful what your looking at on swap alease.

@mani_is_kool you got lucky, my friend waited 6 weeks trying to lease swap into an IS and it was so painfully slow he gave up on it after over a month of waiting.

BMW’s process is three steps, step 1 and 2 are electronically done and the third step only requires a final signature so if you pay the $25 for overnight Fedex you can get it done in less than a week with BMW from start to finish.

Yes, i had heard bad abt LFS a lot. Luckily my seller was on the same level as I was. He already had step 1 letter from LFS ready in hand, so I just filled out and dropped to fedex. He was rhe one leaving out of town so he had his own fedex set with LFS to use for everything priority overnight. The last thing which was late qas the power of attorney paperwork that lfs had to send which u take to dmv for registration.

yes people post cars on swapalease that aren’t transferrable in the hopes that someone might “buy” it. Best to call SAL customer service when you find a car to find out if it’s transferrable.