What to do with my GTI SE Lease

there’s a brand new MK8 Golf R coming out soon, so production on the MK7 Golf R for the US stopped like two years ago.

2 Likes

Right right, what do you think that means for my situation?

Besides being unable to find a new Golf R of any kind in the greater Socal area?

I’d say the best thing to do in the current market if you’re set on a Golf R is to wait with your current GTI for the MK8 hit our shores.

1 Like

Residual value. Your lease end buyout price.

1 Like

I had a KBB offer that was inspected by a local ford dealer and they added $3,000 onto the estimate after a light visual inspection.

1 Like

I would gladly take over the lease if you wanted

And pay him the equity upfront of at least a few grand? If not why would anyone ever consider that.

So if I sell my lease to VROOM/Carvana/Shift is there an extra 10% I need to take out of the price they’re paying to buyout the lease for sales tax? Or that gets passed on to them?

I don’t think VW has stopped 3rd party buyouts (someone correct me if so). If the buying services say they can buy it out, you need to find out from VWFS if the 3rd party payoff is higher or not. If no, just sell it to them and you’re done. If VWFS won’t allow 3rd party buyout, or the 3rd party buyout is more, you need to decide if it’s worth buying out yourself to flip or not.

Vw is still doing 3rd parties, but they do charge market rate.

1 Like

In my case it’s a honda through HFS with more equity than the lease turn in residual.

VWFS plays this game the same way Audi FS plays. Even back in 2018’s normal market - when my 2015 Golf R lease was up, VWFS gave Carmax and other 3rd party a ridiculously higher buyout than I would get. I leveraged the equity into an S3 since Audi was the exception.

Well Audi FS and VWFS are practically the same company.
but most of the OEMs are doing this now. They want $$$ as well. Only took em 6 months to realize it.

1 Like

Both are dba’s of VW Credit. Generally same policies across both.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.