What to do with my 2016 528i

I checked and it was at least $8k lower than what buyout is.

1 Like

What do you mean it’s not working out? I’m sure there are BMWs that can absorb an additional $3K and shouldn’t really impact what the dealer will lease the new car for since BMWF is just financing those last payments.

Are you just not able to get a reasonable payment? If it’s 36 month lease, it’s under $100/month so should be able to find something and still be under $500/month including the recent 430 and 440 deals. Since you are paying anyway, I would wait until you are close to 0 miles left on your current lease though unless the minimum tire depth is going to come into play.

seems like you’re on a long lease term, @as90 you can prepay the excess miles if you can’t find another car. the 430’s and 530e is your best if you wanna jump to a new car and just get a longer mileage next time around.

[quote=“dotmike24, post:15, topic:95777, full:true”]
seems like you’re on a long lease term, @as90 you can prepay the excess miles if you can’t find another car. the 430’s and 530e is your best if you wanna jump to a new car and just get a longer mileage next time around.
[/quote]h

I’m not too keen on the 4 series but I did look into it and they were definitely rolling the payments in/not waiving them. I was getting quotes of about $600 per month with $0 DAS for 3 years/15k miles per year.

i think they are all going to roll the current payments in. I think the idea is that for some cars the discounts to be had are such that it will cover the $3k hole you’re in.

I ended up just paying the registrationand I think i will wait it out until december. some family members really want a tesla which would need to be bought but we are living in condo without charging outlet so that may be a limitation.

Correct, if BMW Corporate doesn’t offer a true drive ahead program, the dealer has no ability to eat them so they are being rolled in.

Just like any other lease here, $600/month means very little without knowing the underlying numbers. The negative equity has no impact on their ability to give you a good deal on the new car and you can leave it out of the conversation until you agree on numbers. Just keep in mind you would need to add around $100/month to the payment. Unfortunately dealers try to take advantage of people in these situations and act like they are doing you a favor, but it’s really just BMWF and they are happy to do it since they are keeping you as a customer and making extra money.

430 demos are regularly going for $300/month for 10K miles with some upfronts, so $600 still seems high even with the negative equity, 15K, and zero DAS.

I ended up paying my registration and decided to keep it for a few months. I don’t know if I will get a better deal in Dec/Nov but thought it is worth a try.

The car has been sitting in our garage for months without being driven. I am being contacted by people to try and get into another BMW, but I really need autopilot/adaptive cruise control features. Unfortunately, I can’t find any car that has them.

Like a Honda Accord has? Or what specific features are you referring to?

Honestly my adaptive cruise is on normal ‘cruise mode’ 95% of the time, I can’t stand the way the car manages spacing. It’s a cool novelty but seems just that unless you’re doing several continuous hours of highway driving on a regular basis.

1 Like

End of model year 2019. If you do find something with adaptive cruise it will most likely be loaded.

Accord has adaptive cruise control as @chrishs2000 mentioned

Just did some number crunchin in LH calculator.

Similar priced vehicle as your current car with 12% off and $0 drive off is in the low $600’s.

Do not think you’ll be in the 4’s again unless there’s 20% off before incentives

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

@dmitry enough with the BMW crap.

Dude seriously? Every thread with the same garbage.

Let people drive what they want.

2 Likes

How horrible that I can get a Civic with more safety features for a third of the price.

1 Like

I desperately need Adaptive Cruise Control. I’m just going to have to pay my disposition fee and leave the BMW brand. How horrible that Lexus and Acura offer this as standard on every car they make.

1 Like

A lot of the Mazdas have a pretty decent adaptive cruise control. They have really stepped up their game as far as fit and finish. Their Mazda6 sedan with the turbo engine is very nice. They recently added a couple of versions of the CX-5 with that same engine. That engine is actually a fair bit nicer to drive than my 2017 440i Msport. Quite a bit less lag.
Just in case you are considering going away from BMW. :slight_smile:
Good luck!

2 Likes

Volvo has a great adaptive cruise control/lane tracking. Much better than Honda’s

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Don’t post unless you have something productive to add to this discussion, not whatever you feel like discussing.

Thanks yeah, I may consider that.

I’m honestly thinking I will just go with a Tesla Model 3. The only downside is I live in a condo but the nearest Charging station is like 10 minutes away.