What to do with my 2008 Porsche Cayenne S to get into a new lease

Sell private.

Donā€™t put money down on a lease. Bad idea.

Time is on your side if you can keep it. Not a great environment to lease right now but it is softening up every week.

1 Like

Wow thatā€™s a lot of statements without a break.

Get a 10k used car and keep the porsche. You will be basically throwing money in the toilet by trying anything else.

Edit : Look at BringATrailer and CarsAndBids and see what your porsche is selling for.

2 Likes

Thats how I got the Porsche in the first placeā€¦ and yea like I said, letting it all hang out.

What $10k cars are out there nowadays?

Right here is a big discussion

Basically you are about to throw money away in a fit of remorse. Donā€™t do that. buy a beater and wait till real deals come around.

Thats what Ive been thinking. I feel like I have to wait it out another year, see how the EV stuff plays out for '24 and who knows, maybe put that $100 down on a Cyber Truck.

I would recommend checking out broker deals in the Marketplace. Nissan Pathfinders and Frontiers seem to be leasing quite well given their high residual values.
You might be able to lease one within your budget, if you go with an 18 month lease. That should buy you enough time to figure out what you want to do with the Porsche.

EDIT: šŸ‡ÆšŸ‡µ Aronchi's Nov Nissan - $229/month Ariya for NJ | $304 Murano SV | Insane Altima/Rogue/P-Finder [Tristate Area ONLY] - #702 by aronchi

5 Likes

Thats where my brain was going, short lease and a pathfinder or something comparable but would need 4x4

Just remember you are throwing all that money away on TTL, for this. If you donā€™t need it, donā€™t get it.

1 Like

Get a 4wd Pathfinder then. :thinking:

Where do you need to go that an AWD Pathfinder canā€™t take you?

1 Like

Didnt realize that lease was AWD.

Agreed. Wife is over the Cayenne and having a toddler changes things a little. She hates seeing me work on cars, I love it. Lol I always buy higher end used cars and wrench on them. At the moment I do not have time in my work schedule to fix cars.

1 Like

The biggest issue is the Cats. I donā€™t know NY Law but in CA thatā€™s a must have. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m saying if you owe 4k on it, keep it and buy a beater. Why pay so much money for a new car right now when the market is going down down down. Thatā€™s like buying a house right now. Interest rates are sky high and the market is starting to cool, but you donā€™t buy at a the ā€˜start of somethingā€™

I agree but said issues with wife and a short lease at a good price on that Pathfinder could get me over the hump and into 2025 ready to hack away at a lease deal again.

Cat is the biggest issue for sure and is a hassle thats leading me to look at other options. I should hang on for another year for sure with the Porsche. This Pathfinder is the only deal I see working for me. Im not afraid to admit that Iā€™m very much a newbie to leasehckr and leasing in general. Ive been put off by leasing for a long time. The used car market is more insane currently than leasing but obviously very straight forward. Can someone go over this Pathfinder lease with me with kid gloves?

Contact a broker such as @AutoCompanion or @Clutch as itā€™s a bit complicated and requires a lot of money upfront to get the best deal.

2 Likes

Yes I understand about putting money up front. Was just looking to see if someone can put eyes on that Pathfinder 18 month lease deal. An out the door price if you wouldā€¦ I pay this a month with out the doorā€¦ this much down, everything included so I know how to look at it properly before I waste this brokers time.

Thatā€™s why you have to contact them. There is a few moving parts.

Hereā€™s @aronchi 's deal

1 Like

All the info you need is laid out in the LH calculator that was included in the link I shared, such as:

• Discount off MSRP
  • Rebate or incentives (if applicable)
  • Lease term and mileage
  • Monthly payment
  • Amount due at signing (you can structure that part whichever way you want). FWIW, I like to pay all fees and first month upfront.

If you want to better understand the basics of leasing, feel free to check out this LH blog post: Leasing 101 ā€” EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR.

You can realistically get 8k to 12k private party for the car. Throw some cats on it and sell it, but youā€™ll struggle to find an AWD SUV at 350 a month.

Problem with Cayenne, anything that needs to be ordered through the dealer will cost $$$. Looked at 2008-10 cayenne last year and you cannot even swap headlights from another Cayenne to fix old fixtures. Leave the car in the driveway too long and it will brick itself if battery died. Those v8 NA are good but like anything else, it has a shelf life, very expensive shelf life.