What to do with my 2008 Porsche Cayenne S to get into a new lease

Agreed. Wife is over the Cayenne and having a toddler changes things a little. She hates seeing me work on cars, I love it. Lol I always buy higher end used cars and wrench on them. At the moment I do not have time in my work schedule to fix cars.

1 Like

The biggest issue is the Cats. I don’t know NY Law but in CA that’s a must have. That’s why I’m saying if you owe 4k on it, keep it and buy a beater. Why pay so much money for a new car right now when the market is going down down down. That’s like buying a house right now. Interest rates are sky high and the market is starting to cool, but you don’t buy at a the ‘start of something’

I agree but said issues with wife and a short lease at a good price on that Pathfinder could get me over the hump and into 2025 ready to hack away at a lease deal again.

Cat is the biggest issue for sure and is a hassle thats leading me to look at other options. I should hang on for another year for sure with the Porsche. This Pathfinder is the only deal I see working for me. Im not afraid to admit that I’m very much a newbie to leasehckr and leasing in general. Ive been put off by leasing for a long time. The used car market is more insane currently than leasing but obviously very straight forward. Can someone go over this Pathfinder lease with me with kid gloves?

Contact a broker such as @AutoCompanion or @Clutch as it’s a bit complicated and requires a lot of money upfront to get the best deal.

2 Likes

Yes I understand about putting money up front. Was just looking to see if someone can put eyes on that Pathfinder 18 month lease deal. An out the door price if you would… I pay this a month with out the door… this much down, everything included so I know how to look at it properly before I waste this brokers time.

That’s why you have to contact them. There is a few moving parts.

Here’s @aronchi 's deal

1 Like

All the info you need is laid out in the LH calculator that was included in the link I shared, such as:

• Discount off MSRP
  • Rebate or incentives (if applicable)
  • Lease term and mileage
  • Monthly payment
  • Amount due at signing (you can structure that part whichever way you want). FWIW, I like to pay all fees and first month upfront.

If you want to better understand the basics of leasing, feel free to check out this LH blog post: Leasing 101 — EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR.

You can realistically get 8k to 12k private party for the car. Throw some cats on it and sell it, but you’ll struggle to find an AWD SUV at 350 a month.

Problem with Cayenne, anything that needs to be ordered through the dealer will cost $$$. Looked at 2008-10 cayenne last year and you cannot even swap headlights from another Cayenne to fix old fixtures. Leave the car in the driveway too long and it will brick itself if battery died. Those v8 NA are good but like anything else, it has a shelf life, very expensive shelf life.

Yup been down that road. They have been around long enough to where you can get lots of good used parts, or use interchangeable parts from VW Toureg and Audi Q7… Everything besides cats. Two new cats were $5k… Ouch… Have german sports cats in now but they throw a code so I play a little game each time inspection is up. That shelf life is why Im looking to get out. Great car, nothing will compare to it in regards to driving experience. But Im rocking a valet key… I got replacement key fobs, all legit at a good price, Porsche told me even with the correct fob they order, its a 50/50 chance it will program… Found a guy who would guarantee it to work for $500 a fob. Getting those keys cut was interesting too. Its things like this that makes my wife go WTF and Im not in the position anymore to mess around. Second row captains chairs in a Pathfinder are sounding nice for 18months. LOL Send help

I can’t be the only one sitting here wondering wtf a cat is.

13 Likes

Gotta watch out for dem German Cats, they are Sharks in Disguise.

1 Like

I think it was sarcasm.

:man_facepalming:t3: Probably. I’m the worst with sarcasm in text or online.

@trism has probably driven more cars that I’ve even looked at in a lifetime. That includes car shows.

2 Likes

Running a test pipe? Did you junk the cats when you took them off?

I’d at least try to get aftermarket cats or something to make the car saleable. It’s a problem you’ll have to deal with eventually anyway.

I’d also recommend going with a Pathfinder 18-mo lease.

The real problem with the value, is 2 fold

• The fast and furious ‘upgrades’ only lessen its value
  • And the high probability of bore scoring

Wasn’t aware bore scoring was a significant issue in the 4.8 engines. Thought the M96 carried that misuse, especially in colder climates due to poor cylinder head lubrication?

Got any pics of the Cayenne, been looking for one as a beater!