What the heck is wrong with GMTV? (Aka, GiveMeTheVin)

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

I got a quote and shared my Carmax offer, which they could not beat. The GMTV buyer replied they will send me the $100 once I provide proof I sold the vehicle to carmax…I will update once this is done.

2 Likes

I do think you just got matched with a bad buyer unfortunately. Mine, while sure he wasn’t going to cure cancer or go to Mars anytime soon, was pretty direct and negotiated pretty clearly with me. I then got handed over to someone else to do the paperwork and arrange drop off etc and they were actually pretty great. Process was very clear and went fairly quick. They had to wait for the BMW title for a while so it took some time to get my last $1k check from them but that wasn’t their fault. Overall, based on my experience at least, I would use them again.

2 Likes

Same experience here. They were close for me, just not enough. Good rep, good conversation. Though he did seem surprised I even knew what MMR is… it’s not that big a deal, no?

Maybe just knowing what Manheim/MMR is was why @Qbrozen got called out as a dealer :rofl::joy::rofl:

4 Likes

YOU LOST ME AT ALL CAPS

I think the only other takeaway aside from obviously avoiding this dude like the plague is that “how did you get to that number” is best avoided. Whether buying or selling.

1 Like

This guy on LH states he is a buyer for GMTV…maybe reach out to him and see if he can improve the process? It doesn’t look like he has been active lately.

Has anyone sold to Givemethevin? - Ask the Hackrs - FORUM | LEASEHACKR

He’s the owner

No john clay wolfe is, justin is a buyer

1 Like

So my story with gmtv is actually like a fairytale… couple of months ago my brother needed a second car for his wife, he was inclined toward macan or glc300… since leasing is terrible in this market i told him to finance a model y and he was able to get one within 4 weeks of ordering , fast forward 2 months he finds a house he really liked now to meet dti he needs to get rid of the tesla… so i post his tesla for sale on the forums asking exactly what he paid for $57k and was willing to settle for $55k car had only 2300 miles, i was just trying to look out for my brother so that he doesn’t take a lot of hit and since he bought the car msrp went up as well…. People started trolling me on the forums… lots of laughs and giggle, shitting on my post while about close to 20 people pming me for the car and i got my offer for $55k …. And then just like the movies a buyer for gmtv pms me and offered $60k !!!more than my asking price!! My jaw dropped and I thought he was shitting me because I already checked carvana, vroom, algo and most i got offered was $53k… turned out he was for real !! We sold the car ! My brother was super happy! Instead of taking a loss he made $3k and gave me $500 :joy:

9 Likes

post deleted

2 Likes

Epic dubs flipping Tesla rn.

1 Like

Seeing how quick the sr+ is now i want the m3p!! :joy:

1 Like

Quick question did the m3p msrp went up as well?

it went up a g

1 Like

I’ve gotten the same exact responses from them but I didn’t take it as far as you. Seems to be their new strategy…

2 Likes

GMTV is very high on Tesla these days. I have consistently gotten the highest quotes from them on Teslas.

1 Like

Got another offer from them for $61k for my friend! Model y lr with upgraded wheel close to 6k miles

1 Like

How does this work with an existing leases that do not allow sales to third party purchasers? How does someone handle the delay in Title delivery.

You pray you aren’t in NY. They are so backed up that it could be months.

I didn’t read all the responses so this may have already been said. Every Sales Manager I have ever worked with has their caps lock on. I wonder if some systems used to require everything in caps for it to work and it has just stuck around. NOW TELL THE TRUTH OUR YUO A DEALER OR IN THE INDISTRY?!?