What should I do to keep my wife happy?

He literally posted a link to the Marketplace section of the forum…

Lol …43 years of marriage, more to come.

1 Like

Specify 15k / yr right from the get go.

I will do everyting that I can to try to convince her to keep it, including let her drive my car.
She is especially nervous about keeping the Mercedes after it is out of warranty as it is currently at the dealer’s getting a new camshaft.

Ohhhhhh. That does shed some light on why she’s nervous. Does the new part get some sort of extended warranty of its own for a yr or so?

I guess they didn’t fix the camshaft issue from the 1.8T to the 2.0T. :frowning: My C250 needed new camshafts, too, but thankfully that happened only after ~6 yrs…

I asked my girl the same question she said I could do 3 things:

1. Take out more life insurance

2. Name her the beneficiary

3. DIE

Get your wife whichever car she likes better, the trivial amount of money saved isn’t worth it

3 Likes

She’ll cuss OP every single time she gets into the POS that he made her get.

Angry Kimmy Schmidt GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Exactly. I only want her to have the best.

1 Like

I will find out next week after they replace the camshaft if we get an extended warranty. That would be nice .

Way over miles.

I mean, we all want our SOs to have the best, but it sounds like finances/budget is a concern (hence out of warranty maintenance issue). Surely it would make sense for her, (nor you,) to avoid making bad financial decisions? You need to have a hard conversation with her and make sure both you and she sees sense.

Go get an ‘23 Ariya lease. It might be a Nissan but the interior is very luxurious. Plenty of inventory still. Look at Marketplace for existing deals to take, or use their numbers as guidance at a dealer. If you have no idea what you’re doing, either spend some time and learn, or go through a broker.

If you want a luxury brand, go with the RZ as some people have said, as long as you can charge at home/do not drive 150+ miles daily.

You will pay literally an extra $5k/year extra to stick to some kind of luxury gas car. In that case, just buy a CPO X3 or X5.

1 Like

She says that she will never buy an all electric car for herself. I had a Tesla Model Y and she hated waiting 20 minutes to charge it a Supercharger.

Can you not install a level 2 charger at home? Not even for your Tesla? Why buy a Tesla if you can’t charge at home? I’ve got 2 EVs and charge when I sleep. If you can’t then I wouldn’t suggest any EV, not even a Tesla.

It’s your money, but currently if looks like you’re paying $5-7k/year extra on the lease alone simply to acquiesce to whatever she wants. That doesn’t count gas vs electricity savings, reduced maintenance, etc.

This is very nice of you, and for her desires, but this does not sound healthy for your finances or your budget. But if you insist, why not buy a CPO X3?

Btw, a thing about German cars - you gotta understand German culture. If you do every maintenance exactly as it says in the manual, follow every guide and direction, it will run a gazillion miles. It’s part of their culture to read instruction manuals and follow all procedures.

Taxis in Germany and Austria are all Mercedes cars who run stupid miles.

However in the US we don’t really have that kind of rule following culture. Lots of people skip out on maintenance to be cheap. The cars end up with issues as a result. Don’t skip any scheduled maintenance, perform it yourself if you wanna save money. But don’t skip.

3 Likes

FYI, MBZ is somewhat reasonable when it comes to goodwill coverage for out of warranty repairs. especially if you are a loyal customer.

And kudos to you for taking ribbing in stride!

Maybe Porsche. Not a Mercedes. At least, not one built in the last 30 yrs. Trust me.

B/c they are using diesel engines.

To the OP, no offense, but if your wife wants to be that picky, I think she should do her own research and find the car she wants herself (and, honestly, that goes for every post on this site about wanting to appease the wife). ::shrug::

2 Likes

Most of those Euro MBZ taxis are stripped down diesel models build for this specific purpose. Kinda like cop cars in the US.

Trust me, my wife needs me to help her in all finantial decisions unless it pertains to clothes or shoes. I will assist her to find the best deal on a car that she will love for at leaat a couple years…hopefully. She’s not picky, she just enjoys nice things that don’t break. Lol.

Your time and energy would be best spent finding a deal on your next car and not replying to every bait comment online.

Don’t we all? My wife refused the Defender that I built and ordered for her and happily took a loaner XC60 instead.

1 Like