What r/askcarsales says about Leasehackr

The question is:

“How good is website is this?? Are the calculations right on the calculator??”

The responses are very entertaining!

The consumer forums are sort of… eh, who knows. Maybe the dude posting is full of shit, maybe he caught a deal when the stars aligned just right but you, living 900 miles away, aren’t going to get the same deal in most cases.

The calculator is probably the only useful thing on that site.

It’s full of people competing to see who can make up the biggest lies and idiots who jerk off to the idea of getting a hail damaged loaner BMW with $8,000 in security deposits for $69 a month with 37 miles a month.

Got my 19 MB c300 for 340 a month thanks to that site. =) No security deposits or weird shit that this subreddit cries about.

Because losers who post on that site have no reason to lie to get their internet dick bigger.

I don’t hate leasehackr. It’s a lot of good info however many people aren’t sharp enough to know how to properly use the information. Just because one guy leased a Tundra for $329 doesn’t mean they can… Especially if they want to hide details so I can attempt to match up.

Shopping is their superbowl and talking about lease deals 24/7/365 is their hobby. A bit odd but they can help you get info needed to not get ripped off.

3 Likes

Liar / loser here

4 Likes

Salesman telling people not to believe the deals posted here and be annoyed by people learning the ins and outs of leasing…what else do you expect them to say?

10 Likes

My thoughts exactly. But he hasn’t visited very much if he thinks any of the trusteds or long term users engage in blind monthly payment shopping

2 Likes

“Shopping is their superbowl and talking about lease deals 24/7/365 is their hobby.”

They say that like it’s a bad thing.

“A bit odd but they can help you get info needed to not get ripped off.”

1 Like

Talk about sour grapes. Especially when less than 1% of people actually know how to lease smart.

1 Like

The responses are a lot more tame than I expected.

The crappy initial perception that most sales folks (including those on askcarsales) get of leasehackr comes from customers who make unreasonable, uneducated demands of them and point back to the forums as a single source of truth. I’d probably hate us too if that happened regularly.

3 Likes

I find it humorous that much of the vitriol is generated by a poster with the handle “salescunt13” :grin:

9 Likes

Very true. But, that happens anyway. You’re going to get people who are informed and not easily sold, and others who have unrealistic expectations even without this site. It’s part of being in sales.

And, for a lot of sales folks, they wouldn’t be able to earn a living if every customer was well informed and good at shopping around. I have friends in the business who have worked at smaller dealerships or places that otherwise can’t/won’t compete on price with others that aren’t too far away. Probably 90% of the deals they close could be beat by someone less than an hour away if the buyers cared or shopped around more.

I don’t disagree - my point is its one thing to be mad at annoying customers (which if you spend any time on that subreddit, you’ll see is a common thing). But by giving it a name as to where they learned to be annoying, their anger becomes aimed at us over here.

How exciting! Welcome to the r/askcarsales looky-loos visiting for the first time. :raising_hand_man:t2::wave:t2::wave:t2:

US politics Is my quadrennial Super Bowl: we are still in preseason. This is how I fill the void when the markets are boring.

When one of my lemons had its own website, I found an entire sub-reddit devoted to what a jerk I was. One post in the toxic swap that maybes calls us helpful? Works for me.

I’m pretty guilty of constantly shopping much to the annoyance of the Mrs.

However that annoyance went away pretty quickly when I was able to put her in a nicely equipped X3 M40i for what some people pay on base model 3’s!

1 Like

You guys are big losers but that subreddit is full of big losers too.

The big question is am I a loser??

PNG

5 Likes

We love the biggest losers. Dealers don’t, however, unless it’s truly necessary. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

And the markets are sooooooo boring. 3 months of chop.

1 Like

Even losers have an upside.

Everyone thinks I am crazy till they need to lease a car then all my friends and coworkers come to me. Well the fact that I worked at AutoNation for two years probably has something to do with it also.

Automated trading takes a lot of the adrenaline out of it. I haven’t sold anything since 1/31/19 (some GTC limit orders are outstanding) and only added a couple new positions (added to a handful of existing). Still beating the indexes. The chop is mostly noise. When you elect a fire bug to be the fire marshal, plan on hearing the sirens more.

But it’s white knuckle watching almost every day. Keeps me off the streets.

1 Like

Lmao ! That thread is so funny to read !!! Some of the comments, just make sure you are not sipping on coffee while reading !

4 Likes

I lived in Arlington for 8 years so I approve of your username.

2 Likes