What manufacturers pass along the tax credit when you lease

Lease is getting ready to end and want to trade in my wife’s Lexus RX450h for a new hybrid/plug-in hybrid or electric. I’ve been searching the forum for a list of which manufacturer lease programs pass along the tax credit when you lease? This used to be the best hack when I was in the business a few years ago - not sure how many are still passing that along as an incentive. Want to find a new full size sedan or SUV to buy - started at Lexus to look at RX and GX, and leases were absolutely terrible, so I’m hoping for help finding alternatives. My wife isn’t particular picky, as long as the car is big enough to haul the kids and has heated leather seats she’ll be happy.

Lots and lots of recent discussion if you search, including

It’s a short list, made shorter this past August. Suggest you read up then ask a more specific question.

2 Likes

Thank you, jeisensc. I did come across the list of vehicle eligible for tax credits. What I was hoping to learn is a list of manufacturers that pass the credit on to leasees in the form of incentives.

Depends on the bank, not manufacturer.

1 Like

AFAIK just CCAP on 4xe models, which ends this month. If you have enough tax liability, financing or a ballon are the only ways to claim the tax credit on whatever is still eligible.

1 Like

Ally does as well, but they make up for it with an inflated mf and inflated rv.

1 Like

The landscape on this topic is going to change significantly in about 3 weeks to somewhere between no leases getting a tax credit at all to vehicles that dont qualify for the tax credit as a purchases getting it on a lease. It may be a wild ride.

2 Likes

BMW told me last week that 0 vehicles are eligible currently for the rebate passthru.

1 Like

There are a few bmw vehicles that currently qualify for the tax credit for the rest of the year (330e and x5 45e) , however, bmwfs chooses not to pass the tax credit through, at least directly as a cap cost reduction.

1 Like

The only cars that pass the rebate is CJDR, and coming from Lexus, you will hate the CJDR. Ignore the rebate and look for a deals for another Lexus, BMW, or Acura

US Bank doesn’t pass CJDR as a cap cost reduction.

Well he asked which Manufacturers…and I answered is CJDR (though I did say ‘Cars’)

To be pedantic here, cdjr doesnt have a captive bank, so the manufacturer doesnt pass anything on

Chrysler Cap isn’t a Captive? Is it one of the Chase spin offs?

Ccap is Santander, everyone’s favorite subprime, operating under the CCAP name as a DBA. They license the Chrysler name for that purpose.

Cdjr is working on standing up a captive but it hasnt happened yet.

4 Likes

I think it’s fair to call CCAP a white label captive, even if it’s sort of a strange arrangement.

I dont.

If you go on jeep’s website, for example, and look at many of the regional lease specials, they dont even use ccap as the lessor.

1 Like

But can CCAP lend out of CJDR? Like Ally or USBank.
If not, that’s pretty much the definition of a captive to me.

Yes, santander does all the time. They just change the name on the letterhead

Interesting, but only CCAP passes the rebate right? Santander doesn’t pass it on their other white labels right?

Edit : Found out myself. Santander Consumer Only Serves CCAP right now . Our Company - Santander Consumer USA