What maintenance are suggested for my one-year-old Equinox 2017?

I have leased the Equinox 2017 for almost one year. But the milage is only 3000 miles, since I mainly run it in local. During this period, no maintenance has been done beside of adding gasoline.

Should I goto my local Chevy Equinox dealer or the dealer that I leased this vehicle for maintenance? I heard that some maintenance is free for new vehicles? Is this true?

Any lubricating oil or grease, or water that I should check and add?

Great thanks!

After 1 year, you still don’t know the name of the vehicle you drive? Also, which part of the car did you add gasoline for the maintenance? :laughing:

4 Likes

If the local Equifax dealer isn’t able to assist, try the nearest Experian or TransUnion dealer

8 Likes

I came here just to read the comments :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

@daveydave424 I was tempted to reply the same exact way😅

Haha this looks like auto correct … his profile shows he’s created 20 plus threads

The most important thing to keep an eye on with your limited use and low mileage would be the front blinker fluid. It’s a simple process of removing the front headlights and refilling. Have it done at the dealer though because they will make sure to use the correct viscosity and they will use a computerized headlight alignment system. See video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6GsXhBb10k

2 Likes

My bad. Corrected. :joy:

That’s quite helpful. Thank you bro.

1 Like

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1164196/Chevrolet-Equinox-2017.html

You have two free services on your Equinox. I’d bring it in to the dealer considering it is free

Dealer won’t touch it until the driver info center says it has 20% or less of useful oil life remaining. That’s the only way he’ll get the service for free. Otherwise, he’ll have to pay out of pocket.

I’m pretty sure manual says change at one year no matter the mileage and the oil life monitor does not know how many days since last change.

1 Like

First two full oil changes are free through GM (any GM dealer). Even if the Cadillac is closest to you. This is due at about 5000 miles.

get an oil change even if you have to pay for it; one year is already too long for conventional oil

I think every 5000ish mile will need an oil change. at least that’s what the service adviser told me when I go for my 1st service.

I’m just going by what my dealer told me. Maybe he’s mistaken or didn’t mention the 1 year deal.

“adamcar” nailed it; from page 277 of the manual:

“Engine Oil Change When the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message displays, have the engine oil and filter changed within the next 1 000 km/600 mi. If driven under the best conditions, the engine oil life system may not indicate the need for vehicle service for up to a year. The engine oil and filter must be changed at least once a year and the oil life system must be reset. Your trained dealer technician can perform this work. If the engine oil life system is reset accidentally, service the vehicle within 5 000 km/3,000 mi since the last service. Reset the oil life system when the oil is changed.See Engine Oil Life System 0 210”

I stand corrected…(20)