What is the most ridiculous amount of upside down you have seen personally and what did they do with it?

My comment wasn’t a sleight on the Hellcat, only that was obvious Dodge would never limit production to keep it exclusive. No reason to pay over sticker when you could sit back and wait a year. If you ‘had to have it now’, in my opinion that makes you ‘not good with money.’

1 Like

No I agree with you completely, I’m just giving a little background on what happened, same thing happened with the demon no ADM if you have a dealer connect otherwise ADM for you.

Something about fca and ADM lately, I haven’t seen this level of ADM for a production car in such large volume, this is a dealer problem to me, fca dealers are literally killing their brand.

Dodge has now marketed a hellcat Durango as a 1 year limited production run so now they are gonna mark markup off a suv… dumb people will pay over sticker lol.

I can’t say I blame the dealers when there are people out there who jump at ADM to be the first with a new model. I just shudder at the depreciation of a marked up Hellcat just a year or two after. How to get $40k depreciation in one year on a $70k car? Pay $90k for it.

That’s because every new year there is a new version of the Hellcat with even more power under the hood. Helps the dealers because everybody wants the one with the new wide-body kit, a few more horsepower from the same engine, a slightly different badge, etc.

Now they have a Durango with a Hellcat engine. Just put the supercharged V8 into the Dodge Dart when it returns at this point :laughing:.

1 Like

They just produced too many 2016s, hence the $500 lease deals, then last year they did it again so they attached a $7k rebate, they are also steadily increasing the price each year, a loaded hellcat was $74k in 2017, now the redeye widebody’s are at 95k, a fully loaded regular challenger hellcat is $78k.

On top of that they forced the charger to go widebody, so a Charger that was 74k in 2017 is now 85k maxed out.

They are slowly pricing themselves out of the market hence the rebates, same problem with the r35 gtr, starts at 70k a few years later it’s a 100k car, the c8 corvette is gonna go the same path but you will see a much more cult like following with the corvette especially going mid engine.

1 Like

That’s not fair. Vroom offered me 28K on my 5-series today (12months old, 10k on the odometer). Current buy-out is 46k. RV 2 years and with 36k according to BMW is 35k.

I’d rather pay the lease value than have it bought it… but like I said, its an unfair comparison.

I may sound like one of those folks who say paying 40K for a KIA is stupid (just cuz of the badge), but no effing way im paying 95K for an american car…

I’d buy a $95k C8 Z06 with its high revving n/a flat plane V8 (rumoured).

1 Like

I mean the viper is 100k, ford gt both old and new, corvette z06s cross 90k easily, zr1, etc etc.

The thing with the 95k redeye is that again its priced out of it’s target market. The demon because of the limited run actually appreciated if you keep low miles on it, that was also 88k base price.

Redeye is a mass produced car that just copied the demon. It is like Dodge encourages a collector’s market and then decides that they don’t want that anymore.

The Durango Hellcat reports note that it is going to be a 1 year limited run…until the Durango Redeye comes out.

1 Like

Honestly, I’ve no idea what these cars are. Are they straight line shooters or can they handle themselves around corners too?

A Corvette C8 Z06 will likely beat a 911 GT3 around a track.

2 Likes

2 trades I had

S600 Maybach-$65k flipped (Ended up keeping it and getting the other car)
Bentley Mulsanne- $85k flipped (Bad carfax destroyed the value)

3 Likes

Corvette zo6/zr1 - corvette
Viper - dodge viper (track car)
Ford gt (track car)

That’s not true they stated it’s a one year run but will make as many to meet orders as they have coming in. That will eliminate the dealer markup right there.

1 Like