What is the best current PHEV/EV value?

Thank you. The only thing giving me pause is the fine print of the 7500 lease cash says no option to purchase the car at lease end. Any idea about that?

Also in SW PA there’s no 18 month lease rebate

I didn’t know that was the case. However, given EV residuals, China knocking on the door, and the certainty in the improvement of battery tech, I wouldn’t worry too much. Unless you’re looking to own a vehicle right now, I think it’ll be cheaper to lease it anyway.

Honestly both cars are pretty great, go based on your personal preference.

1 Like

Yeah it’s not the end of the world but that missing $2700 18 month cash puts it about $150 more a month over the Ioniq :-1:

I will say this, chase the car not the deal.

I got an EQS580, the car is nice enough, but man I wish I got the Lucid Air GT instead. I chose the EQS because of deal, it was like $300/month cheaper so it wasn’t even close. However, the Air GT was within budget and I wish I went for that lease instead.

Now I gotta wait out my 2 years or maybe Turo out my EQS or something, it gives you a bit of a bad feeling.

1 Like

Thanks for all the responses, so pumped for this 7500 discount on lease! It looks like Volvo PHEV’s have some sweet discounts+incentives. Unless I entered calculator numbers wrong (almost seems too good to be true), I think I can get a 36/10k XC90 for $375 with $375 DAS. I know its an older model, but nice, safe, reliable. I think that might be my move.
EDIT, this calculator didn’t include MF, my bad.

Totally respect that but this is just a car to safely drive the kids around town. I’ve been stalking auction sites for a 6MT drop-top to scratch that itch, probably E93.

If you can get an XC90 Recharge (To get the $7500) for $375, you might be reaching. as the closest I see is more in the high 7s

1 Like

Post a link to your calculator.

Go for what suits your needs best - if you’re shuttling kids I think the Volvo deals definitely make sense.

You can get the base model or even one up for around $700. Ultimate’s are in the upper 700’s. Plenty of Volvo brokers on here.

Better yet, try and find a Demo XC90 Recharge and save even more.

I don’t think Volvo has made a particularly reliable car for the past 20 yrs or so. The brand regularly falls into the lower third or so of reliability or dependability studies (which may not be important, if you are leasing).

It’s not just SWPA, Southern NJ largely also isn’t in the region for the 18 month Ariya lease. I went down the road last month talking to Nissan dealers. People here said everyone in NJ was eligible for the 18 month lease program but after some digging, it turned out Northern NJ is actually in a different region than PA and Southern NJ.

Yeah it’s too bad. I’m probably going to go with an Ioniq 5 with the 10k rebate and them wanting to move the 24s

I’d be driving an Ariya Platinum right now if the 18 month lease was available in my zip code.

2 Likes

The special I saw was 18 months for the Engage trim which only gets like 212 miles

Are there any Nissan dealers open to playing ball on a Platinum trim around NJ?

all the trims have an 18m special, maybe they wanted to push out the 220 Engage (Not Plus)

That is what I’m looking for! If you find a dealer please let me know. A few of the 2024 models have started to trickle in which I’m hoping will put the pressure on. Also this week is month-end close. I am really going to go hard this week looking for the discounted 2023s.

I have found a discounted 2023 venture trim for 38k. I’m thinking they will give me the numbers I want however the seat cranks. :weary:
I really want a platinum.

I’m looking for one too. Not many more Platinums left on the east coast, you’ll have to look to get one shipped from Midwest. Check inventory from Nissan’s website

1 Like

Will do thanks!