What do you drink and smoke (cigars)

That’s a long way from me drinking Gordon’s neat many years ago lol

1 Like

These guys are winners

Anyone make their own cocktails at home? I started drinking a few months ago, and I’ve developed a strong affinity for espresso martinis. I’d like to try making them at home, but know nothing about mixology. Is the hassle worth it?

It’s not difficult at all just get yourself an aluminum shaker and do some googling for recipes. Expresso martinis don’t have more than 2-3 ingredients.

1 Like

I like to make espresso martinis without the espresso - coffee flavored vodka, caramel vodka, and baileys makes a decent one. I don’t see a need for Kahlua personally.

1 Like

Picked up mixology during Covid and got pretty good at it (I think) over the last few years. I have a few go to recipes for get togethers with the fam and then a couple of personal favorites.

There’s a ton a nuance to cocktail making which only comes with time and honing your craft. I recommend reading “The Bar book” and “death&co. Modern cocktails” if you’re serious about building a home bar.

Any good cocktail needs these 3 elements.

1. Recipe
  2. Ingredients
  3. Technique

Luckily you don’t need to be a good mixologist if it’s just espresso martinis you’ll be making. :laughing:

2 Likes

Do you have an espresso machine? Fresh espresso, Kahlua, simple syrup, and Reyka in a shaker for 30-45 seconds and you’ll have the best espresso martini you’ve ever had. I’m also willing to die on the hill that Reyka>>>every other vodka.

1 Like

Looks familiar is this * djentelmeni udaci* ?

1 Like

I make them without the simple syrup since I don’t like them too sweet but you’re right. Literally that easy.

Late to the party, but are you saying vegetables in gin is superior to citrus?

As well as, not instead of. A gimlet is still lime based.

(And technically cucumber is a fruit)

1 Like

Got it, wasn’t sure if you talking gimlet or gin and tonic. Gin is by far my favorite.

1 Like

I don’t have an espresso machine and have never made espresso lol, so I was hoping to do it with a substitute. @BoardWalkNJ does it still come out nice and foamy on top with the coffee substitutes?

I have an aeropress in my dorm and it works wonderfully with the hand grinder I have.

3 Likes

Drink: Macallan 18

Smoke: Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Presidente (regular)

Arturo Fuente Opus X Viento (special occasions)

nathan fillion castle GIF

1 Like

In the dorm room

1 Like

Filthy degenerates, all of you!1!1!1

1 Like

Social: Gin and tonic
Post-work related stress: Whiskey straight (Balvenie)

Advise capping the espresso martinis at 3! That is a rough way to get heart palpitations :grimacing:

1 Like

Looks similar
YARN | One Swedish-made penis enlarger pump... | Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997) | Video gifs by quotes | faa2d711 | 紗

3 Likes