What are you doing to entertain the kiddos?

She has one of those expensive LTE ones with the bigger screen. Didn’t want to buy her a whole new one when I could get it fixed and it won’t be that bad… That’s what I THOUGHT… :thinking:

2 Likes

Rotating between:

iPad, trampoline, iPad…

2 Likes

Just chased the kids around the house with the robot vacuums. Good for exercise and advanced problem solving…a lot of screaming but I had fun.

1 Like
1 Like

You’d think differently about that the very first time you tramp on one of those goddamn legos after your child decides to scatter them all over the frigging house and go on to the next thing a mere 90 seconds later.

4 Likes

They are indestructible …

2 Likes

I was just thinking about this last weekend that I should have picked up the Porsche 911 GT3 which was for $299 at the Lego Store at one of the Simons malls last year. Now, they go for about double the price.
The little one was also a reason for not pulling the trigger on that deal as well :joy:

2 Likes

Happened last night in the middle of the night. Went in to get him because his blanket fell off the bed or something, and he had scattered legos on his floor earlier in the night - like a trap right out of Home Alone.

3 Likes

I have 3 <=5 years.

Before COVID we’ve heard few times people asked if we are running day care here😂

Now they have plenty to be busy with.

Luckily 5 year old our grew Paw Patrol shit and got into LEGOs few months ago. So now they have

We also got “lucky” kids were sick a lot last year and stuck at home. Through lots of infighting and bickering they learned to play together a lot - could be could of hours easy.

Then walks something - we are in downtown apartment so not like we can use a backyard.

Before COVId there were no tablets and cartoons twice a week on weekends. One day in Russian and one day in English.
Now days 1 hours of cartoons every day and 30-40 min of tablets ABCmouse.

And some art projects here and there.

3 Likes

Three under 8, like Slava said while there is some bickering, mostly their playing with each other takes a lot of weight off the parents’ shoulders. Even the littlest one who can’t do anything watches the older two playing and is mesmerized for a while.

YMMV

2 Likes

I am ready to walk to downtown manhattan and go to work. I mean its a 15 mile walk but anything better than this. Wife practice closed for now and kids fighting and arguing its insane. I put a good schedule for them and they followed it for a bit but it is not working 100%. Best to make a schedule for them and stick to it by threats, pleading, yelling, and finally just bribing them. Youtube learning videos are great. 2 3 days i had them learn about continents and planets. Now gonna get them more into other facts. Enjoy this time with them best you can. Americans are never used to anything like this but man this being stuck at home due to political instability, regime change, trying to feed your family, is why I give my parents a lot of respect.

2 Likes

I build up a pile of Mika questions and then we spend like 30 minutes on YouTube.

Today we did:

1. Why can you see the moon during the day sometimes.
  2. Are elephants afraid of mice? (She didn’t believe me!)
  3. What’s in the middle of the earth?

She has a strong curious mind. I’m lucky to have an easy and bright and curious and healthy kid. That fact isn’t lost on me.

:bat:

3 Likes

Day 1: everything going well. Homeschooling a success. Working while tending to the kiddos seems to be working out well.

Day 2: a little bit of resistance and boredom from kiddos but nothing we can’t work through.

Day 7: broke into my work office. Couldn’t do it.

4 Likes

Day - 259 of quarantine, Realized this may never end, and I was beginning to look like teen wolf. Decided to let my 4 yr old give me a haircut. Surprisingly steady hand, limited patience he left me hanging with a joe dirt.

2 Likes

I got the beard trimmer with #4 guard buzz cut a few days ago by the wife and kid. It isn’t perfect, but I think we’ll get to practice again before we’re ungrounded.

:bat:

1 Like

Haha great minds think alike. I think at this rate we may have a few home haircuts.

1 Like

Truth. That’s why I can’t stand when people on here knock America. There’s no place I’d rather be.

5 Likes

*no place on this planet I’d rather be

I think I’ve proven I could do a solo on Mars, as long as DoorDash still works there.

12 hour working days both myself and my wife. I am in IT supporting largest hospital in US and my wife works at another. Very busy time. We live in the “best school district” but so far it’s been a major disappointment. Kids are given one PDF to fill out and that’s it. No google class, zoom or Webex. It’s nuts, after we are done with work we try to do some school work for another 2-3 hours. Even having 2 chrome books, PS4 and a Nintendo switch is becoming boring. As much as enjoy working from home it’s just nuts, I miss the commute which I realize is “me” time. On the last note we go through a case of wine a week, it’s becoming an expensive habit.

2 Likes

Time for a poll! Since being ordered to stay home (results anonymous, closes tomorrow):

• Stopped All Substances
  • Drink Use/Less
  • Drink/Use about the same
  • Drink/Use slightly more
  • Drink/Use a lot more
  • I’m sheltered in place at a liquor store or with my dealer
0 voters
1 Like