What are you cooking? Show us your creations 🍔

I miss the stuffed pepers. Grandma or gjyshja made them great. Especially with homemade bread. You have a knack for this and it shows.

1 Like

Thanx, Not a Chef-but I work Restaurant industry front of house for the past 25+ years and I try and make as much of the food as I can…back home I never cooked, like you said grandmas, moms were always cooking for us…here we have to do it ourselves.

Just made from scratch: blueberry pancakes with blueberry syrup. Saturday mornings rule.

11 Likes

Sounds like you need some more excitement in your life if you’re this excited to post a picture of blueberry pancakes to lease hacker :rofl: :rofl:

I’m but a simple man enjoying simple things that life throws my way. Pancakes are one of those. :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

How is it possible to love something so inanimate?

2 Likes

That’s actually a really good question! He rules when he gets animated about something though.

1 Like

He makes Mika H look like the life of the party

Did you see him at the 2018 awards dinner? I don’t think he knew where he was.tenor (28)

Marble pound cake, just pulled from the oven.

5 Likes

I have a whole chicken roasting in the oven.

Homemade chicken gravy is one of my guilty pleasures, but it’s a pain to make every time.

I recently discovered that gravy freezes surprisingly well, so last time I roasted a chicken I made a batch of gravy, chilled it in a glass dish, cut it into single-serving cubes, wrapped the cubes in wax paper, and kept them in the freezer.

A couple of zaps in the microwave, and voila!

Now, for the chicken: Normally I separate the skin from the meat with a spoon and insert softened butter with fresh chopped garlic and various herbs, but I was lazy this afternoon and substituted cut-up bacon strips for the compound butter instead.

I have no illusions that the bacon itself will be enjoyable to eat (it’ll be soggy), but I am eager to find out how the chicken tastes.

6 Likes

I wanna try this! My local supermarket has fresh whole chicken at 99c/pound this week so I better grab one. I’ve seen people use ice cube trays but never just cutting it. Did you use a flour based gravy, a jus, or something else?

This is cream gravy (chicken fat, heavy cream, a little flour [if necessary]), and seasoned with salt and pepper. Milk works in a pinch, you just need more flour.

And technically I use Lawry’s seasoned salt instead of plain salt, but that’s a personal adaptation that may not please the cream gravy purists.

I can’t report resounding success with this.

It wasn’t bad.

The fat from the bacon sort of cooked away and disappeared, leaving the meaty pieces behind. These were soft and tasted - ever so faintly - like ham.

The skin on the chicken did not get crisp like it normally does, and there was no discernible bacon flavor imparted to the meat on the chicken.

I would not do this again.

No, it interferes with all the fat.

1 Like

Dinner at dukez household tonight

10 Likes

Hotpot / Shabu Shabu?

1 Like

herb grilled 3 cheesez :cheese::cheese::cheese: with air-fried, applewood-smoked bacon :pig_nose::bacon::sandwich:
homemade chicken tortellini soup :ramen:

3 Likes

Recreating the Prince Street Pizza from NY

5 Likes

Uzbek lamb and veggie soup - Shurpa, with shots of ice-cold vodka :yum:

Grilled lamb chops - Chalahach

Home-made eggs Benedict

7 Likes