What are my next steps? 2017 rav4 xle

Hey everyone,

Started messaging a nearby toyota dealer. I used details from another post - I’m in texas though so I have a good 40$ in Taxes.

Here’s what I sent:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2017 Toyota Rav4 XLE]

MSRP: [$28,150]
Selling Price: [$25,000]
Rebates: [$750 College Grad]
Trade-in/Cap Cost Reduction: [$0]

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [12,000]

MF: [0.00001]
Residual: [64%]

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$231 (first month payment)]
Monthly Payment (inc tax): [$231]

Here was their reply:

I reviewed your offer and it looks like it would be possible as long as you pay your taxes at signing if you want to include them in your payment it would be 279 1st payment 279 per month for 36 months with 12000 miles per year. Let me know if this works for you.

So they ignored the fact that i was including tax in my monthly statement and also didn’t give me a breakdown of their own numbers. How are they looking at the numbers and what should my next steps be?

Try to contact a few dealers with the proposal. Also, reply to them that based on your calculations tax is included. Ask them what numbers are they are using.

Ask for the breakdown of their numbers and let them know your request has taxes included. The deal even at $271 isn’t bad. But I’m sure you could do better.

TBH even I assumed tax was paid upfront. Otherwise 231+tax = 231?

Your strategy is right, but you need to show your capitalized cost breakdown to show tax is rolled in.

And MSD? …(20)

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by show my capitalized cost breakdown. I asked him to break up the numbers for me, so once he replies i’ll get a better idea.

I assumed that if the MF is .0000001 then MSD’s wouldn’t do much for me, right?

I missed the MF in your post, you are absolutely correct.

What I meant was that it wasn’t immediately apparent how you came to 231 (i.e. how you calculated the cap cost that resulted in 231)

I included selling price, rebates, and 0$ down, is there something I missed? I’d like to know so i add it in for the next dealer i communicate with.

Add taxes, DMV fees and anything else you are capitalizing. And show the total (net cap cost).

So here is their reply: “24949.39 after rebate fees 352 doc fee title fee license fee 1694.39 tax 36 months 12000 miles per year 1st payment due 273.11 is the payment. It appears that the difference is the sales tax in the monthly payment.”

I’m looking at the leasehackr calculator and I’m getting $250, finding it hard to see where my numbers are going wrong.

Are you sure there is a rebate on a lease? I did a quick search and found this disclaimer on the Toyota website for the Rav4 rebate. Not sure if this might be part of the increase in their price, or the fact that they also say dealer participation may effect the cost.

_CUSTOMER CASH OFFER MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH APR OR LEASE OFFERS. _.