Went to the dealership yesterday, big mistake

Went to a Lexus dealership. Dealer asked for $3500 upfront and $650/month for 36 months/10k miles. IS300. When I tried to negotiate he came back with the same total payment spread over 42 months. He tried to convince me that this was a better deal since I’ll get the car for longer. That’s when I walked out.

2 Likes

Hilariously bad.

When a dealer gets people willing to pay what they ask then hacks will be more challenging. Being flexible with timeframe, different cars, options and dealers will work to your advantage.

Don’t worry bro. The rx350 is just like the Toyota highlander. Try this one instead. Unless you are willing to pay double just for a badge that says L instead of T

And of course, I forgot the main difference. They key fob is wrapped in leather for Lexus but in plastic zip lock bag for highlander

4 Likes

Actually, the 2020 Highlander moves to a new platform, while the RX stays w/ the one it’s been using since, like, 2003.

1 Like

The 2019 highlander deals are pretty stellar right now, I think anyone looking for a midsize suv needs to check one out.

Wound up signing a deal with Volkswagen for an Atlas SE/w Tech. Got a much better deal than I would have gotten for a Highlander as well.

I’d be interested in hearing about your Atlas deal. When I looked at one last month it was close to $100 more per month than a Highlander you can get from the guys on here.

1 Like

Got the SE w/tech, panoramic roof, tow package, captains chairs for $360/m $2k down + taxes and fees up front with a 12k/39m lease. I was approved for the $500 first responder rebate and in total I got 14% off MSRP in Queens NY.

1 Like

Sounds like a very good deal! You should post with full details about this in a separate post in the Share Deals and Tips section. Was the 14% before incentives? What were the incentives?

Do you mind sharing the deal structure?

So my post was intended more for Lexus vehicles, e.g., is300. The reason I was asking is in a similar post I discovered a BMW lease structure, and it also stated that you could get up to a 20 percent discount if you negotiate at the right time. If Lexus does not work the same way will probably go with the BMW.

You aren’t getting 20% off before incentives on a Lexus.

1 Like

Nor are you getting 20% off a BMW 99.99999% of the time.

1 Like

2 Likes

Well unless it’s a fart car