GoSeeTed Discussion

Those were people who hadn’t found the forum first.

Anyone (not just young) + no knowledge = bad combo

Anyone + forum knowledge = good combo

So you guys are trying to convince Mahlers5th that she spent $350 more than she had to. Untrue. Here’s why.

First off, that Honcker quote is lacking quite a lot of information. What was the tax rate used to determine that $208? This was a Colorado deal where sales tax is about 8.8%. If it was calculated in Florida, where sales tax is ~3%, that could allow for $8-15 a month right there.

Was it calculated in New York? If that’s the case, NY’s dealer doc fee is $75. The dealer we used in Colorado, who also had the cheapest doc fee we found, was $499. Doc fees are not residualized and thus that $425/mo extra amounts to $11.80 more a month right there over 36 months.

What was the MSRP on the Corolla built here? The one we got Mahlers5th was $20,177, and if it’s the base model you used in Honcker, that is $19,830. So take that $347 difference, allow for the residual which was 50% on 18k miles, and thats $174.50 or $5 a month.

So in reality, even after our fee, we still crushed that Honcker deal. But equally as salient a point, is that Mahler5th’s deal was a cosigned CO deal, done from New York. The paperwork was fedexed from the Colorado dealer, to New York to her house, she signed it and sent it back to the CO dealer. Honcker does not list Colorado as 1 of the 7 states they do business in. My guess is the reason they don’t do business in all 50 states is because they are getting paid by the dealerships, and in order to collect compensation from a dealer you have to have a broker’s license filed with each state’s DMV. So if Honcker is getting paid by the dealerships, how trustworthy are they? Compared to GoSeeTed.com which is NEVER compensated by the dealers, and only by our customers–who do you think has the customer’s best interests at heart? Us every time.

Guys, I’ve been really kind here and have come in good spirits, trying to help people out. I understand you think we’re in the car business and thus must be hiding something, or don’t do what we say we do. But I’m telling you all, once and for all–we are here to help YOU, the CONSUMER. No one else operates in the way we do, with as much transparency, and personalized service. Would Honcker have called up Mahlers5th and broken down the entire sales contract line by line by line, explaining every single number and their meaning? I seriously doubt it. And they don’t beat our deal ANYWAYS.

2 Likes

Nobody is trying to convince anybody and none of the folks commented above are paid by Honcker. All are just trying to share information and educate each other about leasing which is this forum all about.

1 Like

Sure and I’m in full support of the education–that’s the reason GoSeeTed was started. But when your response is “Here’s a better deal than they got for you,” it feels like an attack on what we do and I won’t take that sitting down, because I know the value and legitimacy of what we do.

Having read through the last 40 comments, it doesn’t really feel like anyone’s bashing Ted, or the deal. It just sounds like people are suggesting an alternative, potentially lower-cost solution.

The beauty of LH is that there are so many users with good knowledge and opinions. This is what the forum is about. It isn’t a business platform, though businesses are welcome.

Quite frankly, most users here probably won’t go the Ted route because of how expensive the fees are compared to our known brokers. Plus, many of us actually enjoy the gruntwork. But this sort of discussion is normal and isn’t limited to Ted.

5 Likes

You could have gotten this info here for free. Just saying…

1 Like

So your monthly is $380/month with $7k down (from your trade-in)?

Yes. That was the deal.

I hear you but time is money. I’m in a situation where I’ll gladly pay $100 for someone to walk me through this and give me advice. Not everyone has the patience and time to wade into discussion boards.

So he didn’t advise you that putting $7k down for a lease is a terrible idea?

Plus, paying $20k+ for a 3 year lease on an STi is a terrible deal when they hold their value so well. You should have just bought the STi.

8 Likes

Reminiscent of that one dude who thought he’d bought a car but actually had ended up signing a 72 month lease.

4 Likes

$380/mth plus $7k down is equivalent to nearly $600/mth. Yikes

1 Like

Agreed is to much for any lease

$575/month for a $43K MSRP car. @GoSeeTed recommended this?

Yeah, if you really put that trade in money down and are still paying that amount, that’s crazy! Could’ve got almost 2 E class loaners with a higher MSRP for that.

keep dreaming, I hope your not asking for a 2018 model :joy:

Besides, some kids are earning more than their parents and value their time more. I doubt the “millennials” whatever that mean, are really interested in spending time researching and negotiating instead of having fun.

For the fee this guy charges, he should be able to make insane deals. Jesus wouldn’t even charge fees that high. And that dude turned water into wine.

3 Likes

Typical brokers make $1,000 $1,500, $2,000, or
More on a single car. But the thing is, they don’t disclose it to you. They make money on the front end from the dealer, they get paid by the bank on the rate, they pad the acquisition fee, and then the customer paid them too. We have over 25 years in the car business. So yes, we do get insane deals. People that say they’re doing this for $250 either don’t do what we do or are padding the deals and their customers have no clue. The amount of time it takes to get every single thing in place and deliver a car without our customers ever talking to a dealership, salesman, or finance manager is considerable, and we our worth every bit of our fee.

I’m not trying to break your balls, but basically what you are saying is that since you are only making $799 ($41-$60k), you can beat any other deal from a broker or a dealer because they are making more than $799.

So if that’s the case, let people come to you with their best offer from dealerships or other brokers, and you can almost guarantee a better deal. Then paying $799 wouldn’t sound so bad. But right now, paying that much and not having any guarantee that you can offer more than a $250 broker doesn’t sound very appealing honestly.

No one wants to pay $799 and “hope” they get a good deal. They WANT the best mothersucking deal at that price point.