GoSeeTed Discussion

You can keep holding for as long as you want, but it may never happen. And you’d have to come down to earth at some point. Hard :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that I found the 24/10 residual is 67% I am closer as I don’t need quite as large a discount. I live in a 3% tax state, so that helps tremendously. 21% off + fleet on a 60k vehicle gets me sub 300 if the miles are close to 3k, a bit more of a discount for a more seasoned loaner.

I’d like to vote in the RX350

1 Like

Good for you staying honest. The old model of the car business is just that–an old model. Let’s change the world!!! Hahahaha

2 Likes

i would so destroy :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Do you present deals to potential customers before we pay you, so we can decide if they’re worth it or not? If not, how the hell will I know that you’ve gotten me a good deal?

Once again, we don’t charge your card until the car is delivered. We will tell you the deal we got you beforehand. Of course you’re not going to pay us our fee without knowing if we got you the best deal.

2 Likes

@Ed_Churchward

Can i make the 7th offer???

1 Like

Simply stated exactly my sentiment, thank you!

1 Like

So you will negotiate deals for a customer w/o any money upfront? If the customer likes and takes your deal, then you charge them? If so, then your service isn’t bad at all.

1 Like

@Jon I think it would be unreasonable to expect him to do all the work and then not get paid. I understand that he needs some “commitment” or people would just waste his time. But maybe it’s a 50% upfront, rest on delivery kinda thing…I dunno.

@305Hackr That’s what I’m trying to get clarification on. He’s the one that stated the following.

My guess - it’s a $99 retainer. He essentially does the same work as his $99 “deal check” where you can walk away if you don’t want to proceed with him.

That’s exactly right. It ultimately is the same thing. We’ll take a $99 “deposit” to ensure that you are serious about buying and working with us, and because we are going to get to work and put in a lot of hours speaking with dealers, getting you the best deal. You can apply the deposit to our fee if you like the deal we worked out, or can just take the information we have gained and try and see how you do on your own. So we’ll either “check your deal,” or utilise that as a deposit. And that can be determined after we get you our numbers, as well.

4 Likes

If a broker can get a deal with X, Y, Z numbers, then so can anyone else who understand how leases work. Unless the broker has an in where they can get access to “members only” discounts, then there’s not much value added to people who know the ins and outs of leases already.

Only possible value I can see is the time saved. But again, people who post here love the art of the deal. It’s not wasted time negotiating, it’s a sport. At least it is for me. It’s time “wasted” in the same sense that playing golf is time “wasted”. I could probably do something more productive with the time, but it’s fun.

1 Like

Don’t know how long you’ve been on this forum, but there are probably 70% (some just read and don’t post much) who have no idea on how to approach leasing. Even after reading and getting all the help. Brokers may not be for you, but they are still an asset here (honest ones, of course) for others.

7 Likes

Yeah I understand we’re not for everyone on this site, but I’ve gotten a ton of inquiries on this post alone, so to say no one here needs us would be incorrect. Furthermore, as a member of this community, I doubt you’re getting every number disclosed with total transparency. Residuals, money factors, every single rebate and incentive available, buyrates, etc. If those are numbers you can find, then absolutely, you can get the same deal after a number of hours spent negotiating. But ultimately I’d imagine you’re only guessing and hoping you’re at the bottom. We know with certainty. But I could be wrong about your situation, it’s just that we pay a lot of money to learn what we know, so I’d be surprised if you could get it all here, not just “most of it” or a rough idea

1 Like

Fair enough, I suppose. Whatever helps the general public get better deals and fight the rip-off-ness of dealers…I’m all for it.

1 Like

Since you’re getting a lot of business from this site, would you be willing to share all that information that you have?

Just want to add to what @GoSeeTed said: even when you have ALL numbers, you still need to negotiate hard with multiple dealers to get to that best deal. And that’s the hardest part, even for “seasoned” hackers.

3 Likes