GoSeeTed Discussion

What is an eclass “loaner”

An e-class loaner is a Mercedes e-class which the dealership has used as a service loaner (ie lends the car to people who are servicing their cars at the dealership). After a while, they lease these cars at a discount. Sometimes the discounts are great (eg a regular e-class lease is around $550 but with a service loaner you can get it for $400). In that sense, they look new and lease like new, but are not really new cars since they can mileage from 1k to 7,000 already.

True story: one person on Leasehackr says loaners are not good because “you don’t know how many people farted in them”

6 Likes

That is a valid concern.

We need to come up with a formula that estimates how many times the car was “loaned” while in service based on miles on the odometer, estimate average number of passengers in the car then estimate number of farts.

We need to consider the material of the seats and see which material is more likely to absorb or repell odor. One forum member would of course need to do an actual live test so we don’t talk in hypotheticals.

We then attach a monetary value per fart which may be different depending on the material of the car seats.

We compare the monthly payment of a new lease to that of a loaner lease. If the savings exceed the fart value, then the loaner is worth considering.

It of course needs to be reflected in the lease hackr score on this website for anybody serious about leasing a loaner.

We have enough tech/science members on this forum, any volunteers?

6 Likes

I’m willing to offer up my flatulence for the greater good of LH. I also have the nose of a pregnant woman so I’m fully able and willing to rate farts on a 7-point Likert scale from Extremely Unsatisfied to Extremely Satisfied.

The point system will seamlessly roll into the LH score: 7 points assigned to Extremely Satisfied with the farts (ie undercooked Carne Asada burrito), and 1 point assigned to Extremely Unsatisfied (ie empty stomach) in order to generate a meaningful and significant deduction to the baseline score for loaner leasing.

4 Likes

my gosh how did this thread get to this point!!! hhahahah

I think @dukez has a good starting point laid out for incorporating into the LH score.

1 Like

Please help me trying to lease a hellcat charger willing to put money down and nomore then 600 a month

Wow so I got married last week, and had stepped away for the last couple of weeks getting all the final preparations in place and what not, only to return to find my thread has an odd stench surrounding it! Hahaha

Anyways, so I’m back at it–who is looking for a car??

2 Likes

Around 500k people in Houston are looking for cars :slight_smile:

Right on, I certainly can appreciate information and education. But when 1 of our customers gets (wrongly) told that she could’ve gotten a better deal through some other route, especially being that it’s not even true, clearly I have a responsibility to dispel that. I’m sure you can understand that.

Yep, very good point. I think our service actually would be majorly beneficial to those people. Buying a car is the last thing they want to be doing right now, and we can help make sure they get the best deal. I do wonder how insurance will play out though

So first off, the state of Maryland taxes a lease on the full price of the car, not on the monthly payment amount (which is total bullshit on their part, unbelievable). Thus, by putting $7k down, it actually saved him nearly $500 in taxes.

About the trade in–you are correct about the liability–but he was aware of that liability. You say this like we have immense power over our customers. He knew the risks of putting down the $7k, but what he ultimately wanted was a sub $400 payment. He didn’t want to be on the hook for a $590 payment every month. So when you say “I don’t know why you would LET him put $7k down…” the answer is because what is most comfortable for him and his family is his business and his business alone. He knew the facts and went in with his eyes wide open. I’d say for $99 he more than got his money worth, and I know he agrees.

Robby for GoSeeTed, the proof is in the pudding, and in the 6 weeks this thread has been alive, I’ve seen no pudding. Put up some examples deals which your company thinks it can provide to the LeaseHackr community, or shut down the thread and your request for our business and trust.

In many of the community’s opinion, (assuming I can take their liberties) you have not shown your value via examples deals, and thus you have you not earned our trust and business.

To date there’s been 1000s of views, and 100s of posts in this thread but you Robby nor GoSeeTed have not participated in a positive fashion, please take this opportunity to provide examples of repeatable deals, or just please move along …

Look. Here’s the deal. You say there’s no pudding. I posted 4 deals at some point much earlier in the thread, all smokin’ deals.

(We’ve also got 16 years of pudding, who else do you know with that kind of experience?) Admittedly, this thread got a little derailed when people started tearing apart a deal we had done for someone on this forum. The attacks were erroneous and misinformed, and a lot of energy was diverted toward showing that. I think I’ve participated in a positive fashion, and answered every single question that’s been asked. The regulars on this forum are after “good deals,” you don’t seem to care as much about the car itself, so long as it’s a good value. That’s fine, but like I said, our service is not for everyone. However if you know the car you want and want the best possible deal on it TODAY, we’ll go out and get it for you. And it will be the nut deal for the dealership, they will make zero to little money on the front end, the financing is done at the buy rate, and we’ll get the car delivered without you ever talking to anyone at the dealership until the car is in your driveway. Really pretty straightforward. We’re a consumer advocate car buying service, and if you choose to work with us you will see that.

To appease you, here’s another deal we put together today:

2017 1500 Silverado 4WD, Crew Cab 1LT
MSRP: $49,440
Selling price: $37,000, cash deal so taxes licensing, fees etc not included but that’s over 25% off sticker

1 Like

Years of experience doesn’t necessarily mean you know how to get the best deals. If you knew how to get deals done you wouldn’t still be doing the same thing 16 years later. The internet as we know it wasn’t around 16 years ago. And your deals are only average/slightly better than average over other deals. The other brokers on the site have significantly lower fees and arguably better or comparable deals, so imo you’re pretty irrelevant lol.

2 Likes

Let the market speak. If there is a demand for his services he will stay. If not he will go. No amount of beating a dead horse will change that.

3 Likes

Man I haven’t checked back into this thread in a while! Sorry y’all–a recent marriage, a 1 year old baby and a rapidly growing company has got me busy!

But I did want to say thank you to the LH admins for registering GoSeeTed.com as a trusted car buying service for this community. And if you’re out there wanting the best deal on your next new car (and chances are if you’re on this forum, that’s your goal!) , give us a call to find out how we can help.

1 Like

Tough room - seems a bit over the top.

2 Likes

Haha it is but in reality lots of people have been screwed by or taken advantage of by car salesmen and the like in the past and so there is a natural fear of that happening again. I get it. I mean shit there’s literally an entire forum (this one) dedicated to preventing it. But we’re on your side folks!

2 Likes

Hi. My Mercedes Benz lease is up and I’m thinking about working with a broker. Can we talk more about your service?