Website very buggy?

I keep getting kicked out and my login doesn’t work. I have to use the Google Sign in to log in and takes forever… thoughts?

1 Like

It is the month end effect. Too much traffic on the site is creating these problems today.

It has been little unstable lately but today its too many errors.

Hopefully will get better tomorrow onward as the month changes and the last minute month end deals are done.

1 Like

Month end traffic causing the constant crashes is no excuse. All that’s needed is a higher droplet at the hosting provider and probably a few tweaks here and there to support the traffic. These crashes are so frequent I don’t know if any admins are seriously trying to improve the user experience. I wish they would do something earlier rather than later.

3 Likes

maybe a donation link so the community can chip in.

2 Likes

I think I will be getting extra 2K off so I will def be donating!

We upgraded the server recently, but it looks like there may be issues with the forum software itself. @littleviolette and I are looking into it!

2 Likes

There is a donation link on the main page already. It’s nothing new.

https://leasehackr.com/donate/

2 Likes

What forum software do you guys use if you don’t mind me asking? Certainly a lot better then all the VBulletin ones.

Discourse. Looks to be self-hosted.

1 Like

Hi all,

Thank you all for your generous offer to help with our technical issues, either in time or in donation. Like @michael has mentioned, we have recently upgraded our server on DigitalOcean and tweaked a few parameters at the backend that we believed contributed to the errors. Unfortunately, we have yet to find ways to eliminate the errors that intermittently obstructed our user experience. At present, we believe it’s the Discourse software itself that is causing the periodic errors, though we have always kept the software up to date. We appreciate programmers in the community for any pointers. Thank you again for your continued support!
Please shout out to any other programmer whom you think might be able to help! @zst66 @NeedAnLC @jbassman

Heya, I am happy to take a look or provide some guidance.

Not sure if you want to discuss in public, but useful to know what the general setup is (size of the droplet, how many unicorns you have running, is the db on a separate host). Are you using discourse and docker? That can be a little easier to tune as you can spinup redis and the db separately.

2 Likes

@NeedAnLC I don’t believe it’s the droplet size because when you refresh, it comes up on another thread of unicorn/nginx and clicking “try again” is pretty snappy after 2-3x retries…without poking around D/O, bit hard to say.

@littleviolette if you have time I’m happy to screenshare (you drive and we watch) with you to see if I can figure it out

2 Likes

Can’t start a post…fail. 202020

You’re a brand new user. Relax…you should be fine now

1 Like

Lol and his screen name is rambler.

1 Like

A post by one of the site owners, “New users are allowed to post new topics only after viewing a certain number of posts. The system is set up this way to prevent spam posted by bots. You should be able to post if you casually browse through a few topics.”
TLDR: it cuts down on spam and redundant posts that can be searched