Way over Mileage in Year 1, Do I have any options

20 Characters <202020>

First thing I would recommend doing is coming up with a realistic expectation for how many miles you will drive. For the sake of argument, let’s say from this point forward, you will add another 20K, leaving you at 41K, or 11K over the allotment. At 0.25 per mile, that’s $2,750, which, if prorated over the final 23 months of your term, would be like adding $119/month to your payment. Now, what you need to do is determine whether you can lease a second car or rent for less than that amount per month. That doesn’t seem likely.

With this numbers in hand, I would then call Audi and see if you can purchase miles at a discounted rate. I am pretty sure they will sell miles at $0.15 during the lease term (but before the end), but there may be a limit. If you are able to purchase the 11K you will be over, that reduces your end of lease penalty to $1,650, or $72/month. That’s more reasonable, and it may just be worth paying it, considering you are getting a lot of use from the car.

Obviously, if you are closer to 50-55K miles, the cost goes up substantially. At the high end, that’s $272/month at $0.25 and $163/month at $0.15. Now, a second a vehicle or renting starts to become more viable.