Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

only b/c they change msrp 10x a year and make a new “msrp” lol

5 Likes

No, it’s just msrp. No mark ups like those greedy dealers.

2 Likes

yeah shame on those dealers for trying to keep the lights on with limited new and used inventory and constantly shrinking margin from the manufacturer.

edit: fwiw, tesla model 3’s are now almost $5k over sticker. my 3LR from november was 52.8. same car is now 57.5k all-in.

3 Likes

Everyday I read about another company moving here or opening up an additional office here. There’s really no more space to build, people are paying cash so most likely there won’t be some mortgage crisis.

I think prices level but they will stay high. This is where the wealthy want to live now in the us. Plus people got used to working from home and living in paradise. I still get rental listings daily and there’s no inventory. Average 1br is over 3k in good areas.

I had to pay upfront for my 2br to beat out 15 other people that were putting offers on it here. I’m hoping they don’t raise my rent next year by more then 300/mo as it’s already super high.

I also have no interest buying here. Taxes are about 2%. If I spend a mill that’s 20k a year for tax and I still have to send my kid to private school in 3 years. That’s absurd. They need to fix the schools here…

Lies. You only pay msrp on one. Their system is flawless and fair to all and so much better than dealers being involved, especially when it comes to making sure the customer doesn’t pay too much.

1 Like

If they can’t continue suppressing the price of rare earth like they are with the nickel market it’s gone get even higher for hybrids and electric cars. That’s why we always need a gas alternative.

1 Like

They’re not raising prices. Elon just determined that people have some unused funds and he’s reallocating them for their benefit.

7 Likes

Too early for sarcasm, even though, looking back, you were laying it on pretty thick.

5 Likes

I bought my MY long range 9/2020 for 48,990. Same car now is 62,990. Wild lol

2 Likes

lol dude, my best friend bought his 3 LR in december 2020 for 44,900 less the $5k charge up nj AND no tax. that same car is now 57.5k.

3 Likes

yeah sadly it was dead on arrival and they still had return policy so i returned it, otherwise id have equity still lmao

1 Like

I bought a sr+ and the paint didn’t match the front bumper was off I didn’t notice til I washed it and they wouldn’t take it back

Luckily I bought at 38 CarMax offered 48 and i took it and ran

4 Likes

While Tesla’s “always MSRP pricing!” is a joke, I do like that at the time you order a Tesla, you know exactly the price you’ll end up paying. With conventional dealers and factory orders, you never truly know till you sit down in the finance manager’s office.

4 Likes

yeah the MYP i replaced MY LR with had a totally different color rear bumper lol (also white, my rear bumper was almost yellow). Sold that to Carmax for breakeven. Now I have a 2022 S LR that I got for a huge discount and am trying to flip.

Horrible quality control

2 Likes
1 Like

Getting our M3LR Delivered tomorrow and my anxiety levels are through the roof. Hopefully no QC issues…

1 Like

Congrats!
You’ll love it awesome car

Btw as soon as I sold this one I found one thru the discord and had customer service change my order to it and that one was 99% better quality

1 Like

if it makes you feel better, the m3 seems to be the car they have the least qc issues with (despite being the cheapest). I rarely seems issues with them (other than possible white bumper mismatch). Good luck and enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks. Like other LH members, transition vehicle until things are more clear. No option to refuse delivery as we will be car less next month. Hoping for the best…