Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

No income limits when you lease if I’m not mistaken. I’m not an ev expert but pretty sure that’s a work around that.

7 Likes

So now brokers are at MSRP or lower on the popular models.

Is peak insanity over when we see Siennas/Odysseys deeply discounted?

3 Likes

Once Toyota / Honda delivers more then 3k / qtr of them. Rav4s Prime 10k+ , Siennas? like 1700

Saw a Sienna below MSRP for the first time today. Not sure if production is ramping up or if it’s dealers clearing out 2023 stock for 2024s coming in.

Or its a return, lol

or if it has $5k in junk accessories

1 Like

$7500 tax credit is passed through the manufacturer, so there is no income limit. The GC 4xE I leased had ~$64000 MSRP sticker on it. To be honest, I wouldn’t pay that amount, but it’s a great SUV for $500/month with the incentives. Especially when it’s fully charged, the ride is pretty smooth.

Yeah I just found out yesterday that there’s no limit on a lease so that’s nice. Would like the new BMW x5 50e, but lease numbers on that are not worth it. If a summit reserve GC was under 600 I would probably do that.

Deep? I see a couple platinums at 1k off. That’s about it.

What type of incentives do we think will come the next two months? Seems like everyone except the car sales industry understand where the real economy is and they all still think it is 2021 LOL

1 Like

Hardly. Two years ago was likely peak stupidity with markups over list being the norm for many.

1 Like

Why would it change significantly unless something significant happens economically to make cars sit on lots? There is little inventory and thus little incentive to reduce prices

1 Like

10 year yield almost > 2 year :partying_face:

1 Like

What the hell type of fake news BS is this…

https://www.thestreet.com/retirement-daily/your-money/the-cars-selling-most-below-and-above-sticker-price-

Isn’t that Jim Cramer website? That should tell you how accurate it is. Wasn’t there an inverse Cramer fund that returned like 30% :joy:

3 Likes

Saw a thread on X that October has been a terrible month for dealerships.

Maybe things are starting to get better.

So bullish on Tesla?

This must be why local dealer offering me a Targa at msrp , 5 months ago they wanted 25K over plus a bunch of other crap

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/porsche-reports-183-operating-return-first-nine-months-confirms-forecast-2023-10-25/