Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

The definition of “live” varies broadly from person to person.

This guy lives on $22k a year in Manhattan.

1 Like

And it all started with buy now pay later…without that “luxury” the generous banks provide, pricing on almost everything would be much much lower.

The largest buildings in every city aren’t banks for no reason.

6 Likes

Yepp, and the real scary part is that the average person (i.e. consumer) is oblivious… to so many things.

1 Like

They’re experts at consumer behavior. It all started with sigmund Freuds nephew, Edward bernays the father of public relations using propaganda to help corporations market products more efficiently.

Wonderful documentary if you’re a nerd like me. This stuff is fascinating

3 Likes

Those grandfathered in are protected but they can’t add more solar panels to their system otherwise they are pushed to 3.0.

1 Like

Is this the dream you are referring to:

A circular firing squad.

Make more money circulate by raising prices, which requires higher wages, which require higher prices, which…

You get the idea, either way the end result is more fugazi fed notes floating around (making your saved ones worth less) and being taxed by the most venerable revenue service.

Hello, Hyperinflation! Venezuela, Hungary, Zimbabwe and the Weimar Republic agree.

1 Like

I look at debt as a tool, Just like a hammer, or a wrench. You can do good things with it or you can do bad things with it.

6 Likes

This is a great doc and really shows how easy it is to change behavior on a massive scale. Bookmarking for a re-watch.

3 Likes

All 3 (Southern California Edison, San Diego Gas & Electric and Pacific Gas & Electric) are proposing it:

If approved, the four fixed fixed-price brackets for electric delivery will be:

• $24 - income less than ∼$28k/year
  • $34 - ∼$28k/year - $69k/year
  • $73 - ∼$69k/year - $180k/year
  • $128 - ∼$180k/year or more

To lessen the burden on San Diego families, Crider said SDG&E proactively appeals to federal and state agencies.

“We’re advocating to bring federal budget dollars into San Diego to pay for critical electric infrastructure. We’re also advocating for legislation that’s being considered in California that would remove costs out of the bill, and that could reduce bills by up to 7%,” said Crider.

F22F7B61-9447-45C9-96EC-4A7FEDDDE2B3

Ok boomers!

price decrease my ass, this is a way for them to make it harder to figure out the price increases lol

Every day my smile gets bigger and bigger knowing I live and work in Texas

1 Like

right but which one of these three are we not doing? can’t have a circular firing squad without the circle.

this the guy you’re using as a reference?

in a 100% rent controlled apartment. not everyone needs to live like this just so our overlords can make themselves richer.

yes that’s because you need to be asleep to believe it.

Idk about you but I’ve seen signs all over town advertising $14+/hr for fast food crew, a considerable jump from say 3 years ago when the same places were just cracking 10.

I’m not implying that’s a living wage (because it isn’t) especially with the cost of living increases seen in that same timespan but definitely a measurable metric.

what’s rent for a 1 bedroom in your town?

Depends on the part of town but a quick check of the closest apartments indicates $1,450 (before utilities) for an efficiency/studio.

bro 2002 called, rennlist wants its gifs back /s

8 Likes

Actually, I think those might be from Yahoo! Messenger back in the day.

1 Like

image0

Everything Adam curtis does is amazing!

1 Like

ok lets do the math on that then. $14x40 = $560 per week. x4 weeks = $2,240. - taxes (lets say 20% to keep it simple) = $1792. - utilities ($100 electricity, $50 water, $50 internet, $50 cell phone, $100 cable) = $1442.

now these are all conservative estimates given that everyone in my area pays more for each service. this obviously doesn’t include health insurance, medication, living expenses, gas, or you know, food.