Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

Garbage may have been a strong word - changed that. But I’m generally cautious with polls where there are very questionable answers even if only for the secondary questions. That can be a good indicator that the top line results need to be taken with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

I do too. I don’t put a lot of faith in “online” surveys but i just take them as a data point only.

It may not be the most scientifically accurate survey or may be it is, we can’t be sure. But it does represent something…not sure how significant or not but something.

Personally, i am not the one to base anything just off one survey or data point.

1 Like

Also, presentation of data can influence what the takeaway message is, and writers (and many scientists) are well aware of the fact when crafting their message. Same data presented ‘the other way’:

“In a survey conducted by KBB last month, 65% of car shoppers said they would stick with import brands, 68% said they would stick with brands they are considering, and 69% said they would stick within vehicle categories.”

Takes the meme of ‘shift’ to ‘stick’, while seemingly giving more impressive numbers. It’s magic.

2 Likes

My Thoughts on ‘surveys’ by KBB

[quote=“Forbs”]
“In a survey conducted by LeaseHackr last month (That Forbs made up), 90% of car leasers who tried to sell their car and found out their bank said no, said ‘I will never lease with XXX again, they suck donkey balls’ and 30 days later wanted to know which cars are good to lease including the maker they just said sucked donkey balls. The other 10% now drive a Tesla[/quote]

2 Likes

And 10% of buyers’ banks said yes, while a whopping 90% will not drive a donkey balls Tesla.

1 Like

donkeyballskona

3 Likes

So the title for my 2021 Blazer 1LT FWD I received as part of my Bolt buyback should be coming in any day now. The $33,795 MSRP Blazer (which has $2,500 cash on hood btw) with 31 miles on the odometer fetched the following trade-in values:

• ALgo - $31,400
  • Carvana - $31,486
  • Vroom - $29,600
  • WeBuyAnyCar - $29,400 (but forced me to input 1,000 miles as min)
  • Car Buyer USA - $34,795
  • CarMax - $33,000
  • CarFax - $35,490 (not sure if this is actually a legit offer or not though)
  • Shift - doesn’t even give option to get quotes for 2021’s. Lol
  • AutoNation - $30,595
  • Tesla - $29,900
    *Driveway.com - $32,500

Simplest thing to do would be to trade it into the local Chevy dealer that handled my buyback, but only if they offer similar to what Car Buyer USA is offering.

3 Likes

I was all set to sell my 2018 Mazda 6 Touring for $20,200 last week to Carmax but the car I was trying to lease became not available, which turned out to be a blessing. I just sold the same car for $21,800 Wednesday and got a check for $6,400! Peak Insanity Continues!

I’m looking at the $6,400 equity as effectively lowering the monthly by $178 on the new lease, which sort of justifies the crazy price I now have to pay.

3 Likes

Try MyCarAuction/GiveMeTheVIN as well - they were the highest for my car.

1 Like

Givemethevin gave me $29,759 - $31,766

Vroom’s price is now $30,696 after renewing their offer.

vroom is not a credible buying source, ever. they are trash.

7 Likes

My webuyanycar quote has increased $1,200 to $30.6k since my first quote. Prices are going up, up, up!

GiveMeTheVIN offered me $48,500 for my 2022 XT6 with 1,000 miles on it. Sticker price was $49,700.

Can’t even get quotes from Carvana and a few others because it’s a 2022.

2 Likes

sold my rogue to them?

1 Like

I sold to Vroom in May, no major issues.

1 Like

The dealer has a 2021 C8 3LT coupe. With just over $19,000 in factory options plus destination charges, the MSRP sits at $92,135. Pictured here is the first markup. The dealer added a $35,000 market adjustment along with a $4,999 “Premier Protection Package,” upping the total cost to $132,134.

1 Like

they all are doing this?

For a c8 seems normal