Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

:rofl:

5 Likes

Homie G in trouble

6 Likes

Guy is shock why no one would buy it.

10 Likes

I…. I like it :neutral_face:

Because that’s more than it cost new?

i WaiTeD 1o MonThs FoR tHe oRdeR

5 Likes

They’ve also seemed to have omitted something else that I usually see on Tesla 4 Sale Ads:

Car has full PPF Wrap & Ceramic Coating. Detailed 1x a month.

7 Likes

Is anyone looking at KBB private party values? Right now higher priced used cars don’t seem to sell, so I draw a hard line at 5K below trade in value.

A new 2023 RWD----

1 Like

A far cry from the $36,200 Model 3 SR.

I feel like Tesla dropped the ball big time in their promise of a very affordable EV. Luckily years later Chevy picked up the segment with the Bolt.

Great for a city car but if you don’t wanna hit a snowy off ramp after road tripping with one, you definitely have a screw loose. :rofl:

Is the hype over? Carvana…

I am admittedly generally not terribly impressed with many cars…I guess it comes from being jaded over time towards them. I can say for sure though after having this model 3 for less than a week, that it does seem to be a very good car for the money.

1 Like

Maybe it’s a good time to get into starting up a buy here pay here?

1 Like

I think it’s the high interest rates. The car dealership guy posted the other day about someone with 820 credit score being quoted 8% interest from Capital One. If the cheap cars are getting crushed the more expensive ones are even worse. I was looking at two Audi Q8s that couldn’t sell retail at more than 5K below MMR. Good time to low ball people.

1 Like

Total BS. Just refinanced a new car at 3.25% x 5 yrs with excellent credit theough a federal credit union. People just cant be bothered to try so they pay 8%.

3 Likes

Capital one was always expensive, no news here

2 Likes

https://wolfstreet.com/2022/12/14/rising-but-still-low-new-vehicle-inventory-tangled-up-by-shift-in-demand-from-trucks-now-lots-of-supply-to-fuel-efficient-cars-very-little-supply/

2 Likes