Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

It’s all just fiat money and you live only once.

You should see brides complaining that her tour dates in their city are on the same date as their weddings, and now they are all crying that they may cancel their weddings because everyone wants to see her concert rather than be a guest at the wedding…

2 Likes

I can’t comprehend the level of dedication that her followers have. Blows my mind.

Was at COTA years ago for the F1 race and she was the performing act. People literally purchased grandstand F1 tickets just to get admission to the show.

They didn’t watch a single lap of the race.

2 Likes

Those are asking prices not sold prices. I doubt anyone is paying 35K for a seat while they are still selling tickets at face value. The tickets are literally being sold right now.

I know this cause my wife got a Capitol One card to be eligible for the presale today and got tickets through that at face value.

2 Likes

In what capacity? :thinking:

1 Like

Surely that’s not American dollars!

My wife and kids saw her in 2018 and they all raved how amazing the show was. They’re trying to get tix this time around as well but so far no luck they’re on a wait list.

1 Like

Probably not the audience here either… but BTS is still getting insane prices.

Tay Tay and K-Pop driving inflation to the moon!

Hopefully they have better luck today. If they don’t, by math there are one million+ tickets (perhaps even 2 million) being sold for the tour (depending how stadiums are set up). Just no way the prices on the secondary market hold up.

Black Friday surprise: Jeff Bezos tells people NOT to buy cars, refrigerators and other big-ticket items. Critics call him out.

1 Like

“Critics” LOL

1 Like

Of course, because there is less money left to spend on useless crap on Amazon

4 Likes

He’s not wrong but I’m sure he has an agenda behind it. I dread Xmas bc my child needs no more useless plastic from china. We had his 2nd bday party last month and had close to 100 guests which meant about 50 presents.

The last thing most Americans needs is more “stuff”. It’s such a throw away culture. My grandparents used to get me savings bonds when I was a kid, cashed them in at 17 and bought my first car. We need to get back to that type of responsibility, it teaches the kids as well about saving. Unfortunately it’s not “fun”

20 Likes

Agreed. A small inexpensive token gift and a savings bond would be a smart move.

1 Like

Right. But would it make 6 yo you happy? Plastic car vs. some stupid paper? This kind of gifts should be done in the background because only adults can appreciate it. The same as starting investing to college fund from the child’s bitrh.

1 Like

I feel your pain with my 3 (7, 6 and 3). It was a pain in the early years with presents. It has gotten easier as my kids got into the Lego cult and my middle one just had his 6 year birthday. He wanted lego, we told him what his budget was and he picked two sets on Amazon. Well, he started with 50 sets but that was a bit over budget and then he whittle it down to the two he really wanted. I mean the two were really good size rates 9+ but it’s going to last him a few days to put it together.

All you need to be able to do a little math.

3 Likes

When I turned 6, grandma and grandpa bought me a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun. I promptly go out into the back yard and within an hour had shot and killed a bright red Cardinal. I pick it up, and bring it to show them what a great marksman I was, and got the livin crap screamed at me until I was in tears. Like, what did you think I was gonna do with a fricken gun!?!

8 Likes

Shoot at cans and Mr. Anderson’s shed

1 Like

You are gonna shoot your eye out son!

Sorry couldn’t help it

2 Likes

Oh, man! My oldest son is all about Lego’s. My old man got me into it as a child, and now I have passed it on.

Lego’s can and do overwhelm parents when the kids are so young that they break them apart and laying around. It sometimes feels like “stuff” Jim is mentioning, but there’s nothing better than seeing your 5 year old sit there and complete a challenging set on his own.

We should do a spin-off LegoHackr thread. I’ve had to learn how to get nice sets for good prices. Retail prices are (have always been) spicy.

3 Likes

But didn’t you think that it was a cool gift? :grin:

It’s the Abu Dhabi GP this weekend, and I’m stealing someone’s race ticket to go to Swedish House Mafia (If I get my work done in time hehe).