Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

I like this one if you haven’t seen it yet. Lost Sanford and sons footage :joy:

1 Like

It’s more the sheer amount of depreciation for Ford/GM luxury vehicles. A lot of comparably priced vehicles (across all segments) wouldn’t shed that much value over the same horizon. Be it a Lexus LX or a Porsche 911, there are other ways I’d choose to burn my money if I had the option.

1 Like

right, and that’s why is said “this applies to many, many cars and SUVs” and not all.

Wanna see my average tundra lease? :joy:

2019 $300
2020 $300
2021 $350
2022 $600
2023 $700

10 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

I have started to notice this as I have looked at Audi and BMW’s and talked to friends/family about it.

“Oh wow you are looking at those expensive cars?” “Yeah, they aren’t cheap but some of the EV’s have decent lease deals, so it is not like you are actually buying a $70k car at sticker price.”

Then I find out later that they are driving a $50k Kia that they paid $5k over MSRP for with another $2k of dealer add-on BS. Then they brag about how they are financing at 1.99% as if that is the only mark of a good deal.

6 Likes

Great metaphor from a company I don’t typically look to…I do let my kid watch this one though

1 Like

The current resale value of electric vehicles is really low. I’m curious to know when it will hit rock bottom.

$50k for the EQS and $15k for the ioniq

1 Like

Toyota is booming today!

4 Likes

Love to see the Mirai front and center :star_struck:

6 Likes

Everyone wants a hybrid Toyota/Lexus, my wife included. Hybrid is the new gas, and Toyota makes the best hybrids.

3 Likes

Just wait till those EQS’s get close to warranty expiration in a few years. $20k?

this really amazes me because if you read on the toyota forums or reddits people constantly complain about the hybrids not meeting their expected mileage output, especially with the new highlanders. i guess its all rav-4’s, camry’s, and corolla’s driving demand.

On forums you say?..Complain you say?.. To shreds you say?.. Good news everyone, sale on hybrids coming. /s

2 Likes

I’m quite happy with my V6 powered 2022 Highlander XLE AWD (although it is too small for our family of 5) and my V6 powered 2023 Tacoma SR 4WD.

1 Like

Lmao you should read the Honda CRV forums.

People often fail to mention their driving habits; having a lead foot doing 80+ is going to have worser mpg than feathering the pedal and doing 65. Similar issues with ambient temperatures.

3 Likes

I paid for all horsepower, I’m going to use all horsepower!

2 Likes

https://www.wsj.com/articles/toyota-gives-most-of-its-u-s-auto-factory-workers-9-pay-bump-following-uaw-gains-in-detroit-123664ff

1 Like