Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

What’s the best you have seen on 72 months?

It really is so bad how much these plug-in hybrids and EVs cost. A new Jeep GC Summit Reserve 4xe is $83,790 after the Protech package. I’d be embarrassed to tell someone I spent that much on a Grand Cherokee :joy:

3 Likes

It better be a trackhawk if spending 80 on a jeep…

1 Like

I’m sure they could put a trackhawk badge on there for you lol

2 Likes

it’s insane that this hunk of junk is $84k.

9 Likes

Have not followed it closely for a few months, but check out the CU Rate thread (and the Google sheets page below it from some other site) and scroll to some CUs for current rates:

Looks like USSFCU is now 72m @ as low as 5.74%.

1 Like

No one has a crystal ball, but most economists believe that the rates will start falling sometime in the next 18 months, but people are still spending money like it’s going out of style. Instead of cutting back due to inflation, people are just going into debt to sustain their lifestyle. All the meme stock and cryptocurrency don’t make it any easier either since it gives some retail investors a sense of wealth.

If you want someone else’s leftovers with mileage on it. :grin: I think $80k would be stretching it even today.

Didn’t those start out in the $70k’s way back in 2018? They are BA Jeeps though, especially when guys put a cam & exhaust on them. :drooling_face:

No one in their right mind is spending anything close to that for a GC4xe.

Most PHEVs don’t cost anywhere near that. A RAV4P is like $49k less $6,500 lease cash. Santa Fe PHEV was leasing well last I checked.

1 Like

I kind of understand that. People realize that it’s part of global agenda to reduce their spending and consumption. They refuse to go with grand poobah’s plan who want to decide for everyone what their life style should be.

It’s shocking, but Jeep GC looks much better now than BMW X5 series. BMWs now look like Chinese knockoffs (I just saw brand new 7 series yesterday and was horrified). Jeep made huge improvement in aesthetic appeal in the past 5 years. Not to suggest anyone to lease or buy GC. Wrangler seems the best investment for purchase because it keeps the value very well.

Hold Up Wait GIF by Fergie

What? Jeep looks better than BMW?

3 Likes

Yeah, newer Jeeps look way better than newer BMWs. What BMW did to design of their cars is atrocious. Anyone who was driving them for decades and dumped lately for MB or Porsche will tell you what hideous bunch BMW has become.

Skunk looks better than this
download1
download2
download3
download4
download5
download6
download7
download8
download9

lol a global agenda . Ok bud

Ya that is how taming inflation works , you have less money sloshing around for people to spend

1 Like

Most economists also said inflation was transitory. They sure did nail that one…

I don’t think people are spending on luxuries nearly as much as over Covid when they were bored sitting around. Retail sales are showing that as well as travel etc.

Now it’s all food, energy, rent etc. salaries aren’t keeping up with inflation so they’re using credit to live. That’s a bad situation to be in.

5 Likes

Ah yes Mercedes who uses whales as their design inspiration, very beautiful designs.

1 Like

Look, I just make memes here and talk crap about toyotas and their hydrogen cars but dude… While I can admit that the 7 series and the x7 are polarizing, the X5 is miles ahead of the Jeep GC.

8 Likes

Yeah the GC does look a lot better inside and out I agree. However the prices they’re trying to sell them at is so far out of reality it’s not even funny. It should be at the very most around 60k MSRP for the top trim fully loaded. Still would have a hard time paying that for a 4 cylinder SUV.

2 Likes

Everyone doesn’t have to feed the troll. You folks are better than that.

2 Likes

I’m counting this as my first compliment from you, just so you’re aware.

Bbc Yes GIF by Stellify Media