Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

Vroom’s price is now $30,696 after renewing their offer.

vroom is not a credible buying source, ever. they are trash.

7 Likes

My webuyanycar quote has increased $1,200 to $30.6k since my first quote. Prices are going up, up, up!

GiveMeTheVIN offered me $48,500 for my 2022 XT6 with 1,000 miles on it. Sticker price was $49,700.

Can’t even get quotes from Carvana and a few others because it’s a 2022.

2 Likes

sold my rogue to them?

1 Like

I sold to Vroom in May, no major issues.

1 Like

The dealer has a 2021 C8 3LT coupe. With just over $19,000 in factory options plus destination charges, the MSRP sits at $92,135. Pictured here is the first markup. The dealer added a $35,000 market adjustment along with a $4,999 “Premier Protection Package,” upping the total cost to $132,134.

1 Like

they all are doing this?

For a c8 seems normal

The manufactures unit value (MUV) index is a composite index of prices for manufactured exports from the five major (G-5) industrial countries (France, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States) to low- and middle-income economies, valued in U.S. dollars.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here other than copy and pasting a wiki article excerpt.

2 Likes

That $62k non-FSD 2020 Model 3 SR+ (now $57.5k) is still on Carvana! Is there no sucker out there willing to bite on it?
https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1879896

I sold my Jeep back in September. Total process was 2 weeks and 0 issues, /shrug. I do know some people have issues but I would never exclude them when pricing out a car to sell.

lease?

no you didnt

My lease ended in May but I bought it out in April with my bank when I saw the used/new market starting to explode. I was intent to keep it but the equity keep growing and I cashed in on that and jumped on the 4xe bandwagon. Vroom was consistently higher than anyone else, and when I sold they were $2k more than the closest offer.

I tried not to vomit today as I spoke with a sales manager telling me that I was getting a great price on a car because hyundai was 7k above sticker and the toyota down the street was 10-12k above sticker.

I’m extending my lease

7 Likes

So I picked up my tags yesterday from the Chevy dealer that handled my Bolt MSRP swap for a Blazer (title is in the mail and is arriving any day now). Asked them to do an appraisal on the Blazer and the guy told me the GM didn’t want to do it without the title in hand (really? ok, screw you guys) so I left and got the Blazer appraised at 3 other dealers in the immediate area.
The local Ford dealer quoted me $30k, the Kia dealer $32k, and the Nissan dealer said they would get back to me today with a quote. I called CarMax and they sent a virtual appraisal link for me to upload photos since I couldn’t get a quote via their regular online quoting system; they offered $33k.

I still need to check out Car Buyer USA to see if their offer is actually legit (I have my doubts), but otherwise looks like I’ll be selling to CarMax for $33k.

1 Like

If you sell to carmax will you need to pay sales tax to buy out your Bolt/Blazer lease?

Title in hand (or in the mail at least) sounds like not a lease to me.

3 Likes