Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

1 Like

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Let’s stay on topic.

3 Likes

Some lukewarm signs from a local toyota dealer. While many cars still have markups, some tacomas and highlanders seem to be discounted from MSRP. I inquired about one of the tacomas and it was still available, ETA 3 weeks.

New Lexus GXs also seem to be readily available and even piling up (5 on the ground) at some dealers.

Stock from the brokers seems to line up with my findings with tacomas and GXs readily available.

4 Likes

43 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Thanks…I contacted them. Those look like a great deal!

1 Like

Who said this was an ev thread. It’s a used car market thread

1 Like

Crystal balls are crystal balls, doesn’t matter if you’re reading them for used cars for used ICE or new EV.

1 Like

Every time there are replies in this thread I get excited to hear input about the used car market.

But sadly all I end up reading about is EV nonsense.

Can we please keep this on topic about used car market values?

I’d rather watch paint dry than discuss kWh and charge times.

2 Likes

Used EV’s are still used cars

Perhaps even more so because there is battery degradation to factor…

1 Like

You’re missing the mark…not sure where I said used EVs were not used cars.

1 Like

When I see government doing cash for clunkers 2.0 ill know this madness is over.

6 Likes

That’s what killed the cash car market in the first place.

2 Likes

Aren’t dealers like more “strict” when it comes to cash? Like they actually want to know where you got the cash from?

A mega dealership had a meltdown about me writing a check for a mach-e balance. Said I was out of towner (a different suburb of Nashville as them). Demanded to pull my credit (which is what I was trying to avoid) and also my wife’s (who was not on the car). Really rubbed me the wrong way, but no blessing was worth it? In contrast, my local dealership didn’t care. Hit or miss on that IMO.

1 Like

I looked up Lucky Lopez’s videos on YouTube. He’s been calling for a repo crisis. Than I looked up the numbers. Repo rates are still below pre covid, and with no new inventory out there, the ones that are being repoed will be quickly absorbed

4 Likes

Where did you lookup the repo numbers?

I have a feeling that legitimate banks are being a little cautious on initiating repos on cars that are way over leveraged (initial LTV) due to the last year’s feeding frenzy on markups.

1 Like
1 Like

Sucks that article only has june 2022 data, i was hoping you had a link into a more live feed