Want to buy my lease but the dealer is asking for $1595 (market conditions) charge

I’d blast them on social media , also send a letter to Nissan Corporate

1 Like

It’s a contracted # correct? Possibly brands are different but o doubt it.
If their is so much equity in the car you may be able to take half, return the car and lease a new year at same payment. I did this with an X5. Got out of a ‘19 6 months early, took $7500 check and same lease on a ‘22.

I’m in San Diego and going through the same thing, my car literally only had 6k miles on it so I’d rather buy it out and sell it but the dealers near me are being unreasonable. Who did you end up going with in SoCal OP? I bought the car from Costa Mesa Nissan and might try contacting them next.

Even though you got it sorted out, I suggest you email Nissan and Nissan financial directly, link your story and the one about the KBB story that the other poster mentioned. Blast the nissan / infiniti Facebooks pages with this story and hell, maybe even get your local news stations involved…and tell Nissan/Infiniti that you plan to do so. Stories like this will help the brand push the dealers to do the right thing and not be scum bags.

This is EXACTLY why people despise car dealerships and automobile salespeople. I can understand maybe a small fee for the buy out ( $100 or so for time and effort to the dealer for processing the transaction ) plus the $300 as stated on the contract, but all the bullshit that started with the $1500 market adjustment fee is the exact reason for all the hatred towards car dealerships.

1 Like

As I said, I did not have a good experience with this dealer. I wound up with a loan which will now require me to deal with another company to payoff the loan.

However, getting a loan or opting into a maintenance plan maybe a way a way to find a way to make money for a greedy dealer to possibly “reduce” your buy out costs with possible benefit to you.

Like I said, looking at my loan, there is a minimum $75 finance charge which I was not expecting to pay.

2 Likes

I recently went through a similar pain trying to buy out my Infinity lease in SoCal. First Infinity dealership wanted to charge $700 extra fee. Second - $1300, and on top of that wasn’t willing to disclose it via email/phone (“oh, you have to come to us and we’ll discuss the numbers”). I knew it sounded fishy, and decided not to continue the conversation with them, but then one day I was very close to them (after I bought out my lease through a different dealer), and decided to stop by for the fun of it. At least they told me about the extra fee right away, after I asked a direct question. I was out in 5 minutes. There are only 2 Infinity dealerships close by, so I switched focus to Nissan dealerships. First Nissan wanted $965 extra. I started to lose hope, but the second Nissan dealership was unexpectedly honest and didn’t charge anything extra at all. In fact, I was surprised that they didn’t try to hide even $50-$100 somewhere, I was at the point where I would just pay that small extra. I guess it was luck, plus somewhat a benefit of living in SoCal with many dealerships at relatively close distance.

Crappy situation overall but I’d go on penfed right now and refi that sucker for 1.99%. The $75 stings but holding on to 4% + loan longer than you have to will make this situation sting more.

I was never planning to finance. I had the money in my bank allocated for the payout. But yea, I could refinance if I wanted more hassle. As is, I will pay the $75 and pay off the loan. Just the experience of it all was sleazy from the start.

I don’t know if dealers make any money on these transactions. Perhaps the $300 NMAC collects goes to the dealer, but in any case, this process should be more clear and direct. Mostly I blame NMAC for creating a wrong incentive for the dealer that ultimately turns off people.

1 Like

Lol Nissan such a garbage company my friend ran into a similar issue with her Infiniti lease. Tell them to pound sand you aren’t paying anything Over what’s in the contract. hopefully no one will lease or buy a Nissan on this board again? Not sure why anyone would in the first place. Bring back Datsun !!!

My college roomie had a 510. It died, so he left it on the city street to be towed away, and was likely sold at auction. Worth a small fortune these days:

Still see a few around from time to time.

As if you needed another reason not to buy from this train wreck of a company.

1 Like

Hey, would you mind sharing which dealership you went with that did not upcharge? I am in socal too and i am trying to buyout my Nissan Lease. Thank you in advance!

Suggestion-
Contact your bank and try to buy directly from the bank ( by-passing the dealer).

If your state ( example- FL) requires the bank to have a state approved Car Dealer’s license and the bank can not sell directly, then shop around for another dealer.

My FL dealer wanted approx. $2000. I shopped around and found a small dealer for $500 ( to do my - Buy-Out).
Since my Lease fee did not mention this additional charge, I am currently suing the bank for $500.

In California, Nissan requires that customers work with the Dealer to facilitate end-of-lease buy-out transactions. So, there do not appear to be options for dealing directly with the bank.

In conclusion, the process was a bit of grief, but the NET result is that I only had to pay an additional $10 to pay off the loan with the credit union.

Specifically, I paid:

• $300 buy out fee (in the contract)
  • $85 doc fee
  • taxes
  • license transfer fee
  • $10 to pay off the loan with the credit union
  • About 3 hours of my life at the dealership which I will never get back

I wish this process was made simpler. I had the money in my bank and was ready to just pay off the car in cash.

Sent the name via DM.

I don’t think anybody is going to be buying out those 99% RV frontiers but hey you never know where the market will be in 18 months. :sweat_smile:

Find another dealer or as Sam said, buy a warranty but only if they waive the added buyout fee.

We just bought our 2019 Infiniti QX 60 at lease end, instead of returning it to Infiniti, for obvious market driven reasons. Infiniti (Nissan) of Thousand Oaks was a total pleasure to work with. We paid only the $300 ($395?) lease disposition fee and our agreed upon residual value. Of course there were the customary DMV fees which we also paid, but they were all very reasonable and legitimate as far as I could tell.

Totally pleasant and very smooth process. If all the other dealers are trying to gouge you. I would recommend contacting Infiniti/Nissan of TO.

2 Likes

My 85 year old mother just bought her VW lease out after her Tiguan with only 7k miles worth almost double the residual. No issues just called and got the payoff.

WELL WELL WELL……I just got off an online chat with Infiniti financial and they are now allowing New York lease holders the option to buy out directly from Infiniti financial and not go through the dealership. I guess all the negative press about dealerships charging thousands in buy out fees finally got Nissan / Infiniti corporate to act on behalf of the terrible customer experiences people were having.

If you live in another state that previously required you to go to a dealership to buy out the lease, i’d inquire with Infiniti about a direct buy out now.

1 Like

There is no need to have multiple and thus redundant concurrent threads on Infiniti buyouts.