VW ID.4 - Ordering & Discussion Thread (MY23 Reservations OPEN)

VW is providing a $7500 lease credit that is an equivalent amount to the federal tax credit, but the federal tax credit itself doesn’t go to the lessee… which is what was already said here.

4 Likes

VW has re-opened online reservations for the ID.4

Anybody can build and reserve a ID.4 for a $100 refundable deposit.

I am thinking ID.4 AWD Pro could be sweet spot at $46K.

5 Likes

what’s the most attractive trim.

The “id4 standard” starting at $37.5k qualifies for the full 7.5k too if it arrives by dec/31 this year?

Close to zero percent chance a new order would arrive by 12/31. Recently locked 2023 orders are forecasted for Nov/Dec and VW hasn’t been accurate up until this point.

1 Like

While I agree that any hope of of a 2022 arrival would be dim for a new order, it is worth noting that the '23 Standard/base model and some regular models will be built in the US, which could affect the delivery timeframe one way or another.

Preorders are currently for ‘23 which are rolling off the line in Tennessee now. No chance you get a ‘23 in 2022 if ordering now unless you get extremely lucky with an odd build. Recent ‘23 locked builds are slated for December at the earliest. I believe some late ‘22s were swapped to ‘23s too so they will be prioritized ahead of recent orders.

‘22s are still built in Germany so not eligible for the fed rebate. I ordered mine in January ‘22 which was slated for delivery in Feb ‘23 before I cancelled it.

It’s not clear if ID.4s will be eligible for any of the $7,500 in 2023 based on battery components and assembly.

So if I ordered two weeks ago I’m looking at roughly maybe April 2023?

I spoke with a local dealer, no msrp markup for ordering. Maybe they know many people are backing out. Do we know for sure that if I get delivery in early 23, I won’t be eligible for 7.5k or is it still up in the air?
The deposit is refundable, so why not just keep one on order?

Not the full $7,500 but maybe $3,750. My ‘22 was planned to be built in Germany so ineligible immediately.

Best bet may be to get one a few thousand under MSRP later this fall on a ‘22 due all the likely cancellations while the rebate eligible 2023 are getting delivered. A cancelled ‘23 this fall will be a unicorn I’m guessing since it will get the full $7,500.

It is unknown if any vehicles will get any credit. The only thing known is which vehicles definitely won’t get any credit.