VW cuts 2 years off its warranty, adds 2 years of free maintenance

If they want to move into leasing, they need to also provide some incentives. Not across the board, but on vehicles like the Arteon, which could use a bit of boost in sales.

No reason why Volvo’s are only slightly higher or same price (usually closer to unicorn territory at that) than the current VW leases.

Arteon’s are destined to be low volume, purchase offer only ‘don’t expect another generation of this in US’ type of model. VW will push more leasing on models like Tiguan, Atlas/CP, Jetta and to some degree, Passat. Not to mention future smaller SUVs model(s).

Volvos are a different animal - their leasing prices available are amazing, well on the east coast anyway. We get a bit less love out here on the west coast.

I miss my fleet of $150/mo Jetta’s

1 Like

Yeah, I did enjoy my Jetta S bit it was $190😩

One of my first hacks.

Ioniq hack felt so much better🤣

2 Likes

Have they announced anything? Because we’re not seeing it on this forum.

I mean more as a general trend the last year plus. Their lease mix in 2018 vs 2019-current is massively increased. For a mainstream brand, they are consistently in the top 4 for lease mix.

I always thought of Buick as an “Old mans car” up until 5 years ago when it was clear it was now an “Old Chinese mans car”.

Bear

It saved the brand lol

It did.

Now they love Tesla.

1 Like

Joke aside, not really. Chinese market doesn’t have that stereotype for Buick. Then the Regal and Excelle are actually Opel based cars and they have fairly sporty looking and driving characters, feel more “European” than old American town cars. Lots of Chinese in their late 20s and 30s are buying them. Even the Encore. It’s specifically targeting young audience for their first car.

Buick’s SUV business is doing great, Envision has been top 10 best selling SUV in China. Also as China sees increasing demands for 3rd row haulers, Enclave is the few mainstream/semi-luxury choice they have. There are no Pilot, Ascent, CX-9, Parlisade or Telluride in China, Highlander and Atlas are pretty much the only legit competition.

LaCrosse on the other hand, is pretty much old man’s car regardless of region.

Buick sells a lot of vans in China. The highest trims are actually four-seater vans with gargantuan legroom for chauffeur-driven passengers.

5 Likes

I always tell the Chauffer to take me in the Buick when we ride to my lear-jet.

Wouldn’t you really rather have a Buick?

1 Like

Minivans actually do make the best chauffeur driven vehicles. Never understood why people like riding in the back of a sedan. So much more room in a minivan. And some are quite swankly, with deployable ottoman, panoroof, etc.

Buick’s in China are not the same Buicks…

They’re really upscale.

I don’t often go to shanghai, But when I do I tell Jeeves to bring the Buick round’ so that I can ride in style.

That way everyone will know how sophisticated I am.

1 Like

Source?

Agreed on the first part. Sedans actually make the second-best, with some having ample legroom for deployable legrests, reclining chairs, etc etc… I don’t understand why people choose Subs/Yukon XLs/Escalade ESVs, the second row is below par considering the massive exterior dimensions and the floor is much higher

I saw some data earlier this year which I think was YTD 2019 as of November IIRC… VW was the highest outside the luxury brands.

But I don’t think that means much to us LHers… e.g. Infiniti was highest while Cadillac and Lincoln were top 7. Clearly a lot of people are leasing these vehicles but probably at payments that are unappealing to most of us.

I’m referring to proprietary data that I’m privy to, but isn’t available to be shared. so there’s no link or source I can provide unfortunately. But I will say it’s based on transaction data that is cleansed, reconciled, etc.

Fair enough