VW Atlas SE with tech 4motion - deal check

Msrp 41500 - as few options as possible for an AWD SE with tech
Price 33250
Quoted monthly $350, $370 with taxes on 10k/36
1500 to cover doc fee, acq, taxes, title/reg

MF from Edmunds was 0.00171, 4250 lease cash

Good deal or no? My only concern is that when they say $1500 down, I want that to be to cover the up front fees, how do I ensure that they don’t count that as a down payment/cap cost reduction?

Where it goes doesn’t really matter. If it covers taxes and fees versus cost cap reduction, you still get the same end result. Considering that it is such an even number, you can be certain that there is cost cap reduction in there.

1 Like

Thanks. I thought it might be semantics but I’m also wary of a deal that seems too good to be true.

SE w tech AWD goes for about high 36-37 advertised online - apply 4250 in lease cash and we’re down to 32-33k. The lowest I was able to get other dealers down to was 375/mo based on a purchase price of 34k, so I think that this is the best I can do.

How are you getting your lease payment so low? I test drove a SE with technology msrp $42,035, sale price $33,333 36 months with $0 down and they told me $610 a month!?!

We have 0 clue why yours is so high unless you provide a more detailed breakdown

1 Like

I have a clue: they wanted to rip her off.

3 Likes

Is sales tax levied the same way in your state?

This is the lowest deal I’ve ever seen for an Atlas so something is wrong… Should be like $100/mo more at least. You can’t even get a Tiguan for this payment.

My inspiration tbh but that deal has more incentives that I don’t qualify for

Sometimes the online advertised price includes all available incentives (e.g. lease cash), so that $36-37K number might already be including the $4,250, but if not, seems like a really good deal.

So you saying I should put it in the trophy garage? :grinning:
When I was looking at the Atlas back in July MF was better but lease cash was like 800 in my region. Also the college rebate was 500 not 1000. Back than it would have been closer to 430 with 2k daa

I was getting quoted 372 with 140 das and same college and partner rebates for 2019 Tiguan SEL p r line…it was also a hell of. Deal, but I wanted a bigger SUV.

Keep in mind I am in MA, cash lease is usually better than other regions and I probably have 8 dealers in a 50 mile radius…

Who in their right minds would pay that much for a barely-above-base atlas?

I’m also in MA, and I signed this today:

There was zero out of pocket at signing except first month lease payment ($445).

Did this kind of quickly without much shopping around. Only started shopping around yesterday (so less than 24 hours “shopping around”).

MSRP $42, 619
Selling Price $34, 450
Term 39 mo
Miles 12, 000 /year
Residual 53%
Money factor 0.00145
DAS $445 (first months’ payment)
Monthly Payment $445 (tax inclusive)

How do my figures look?

Hi, mind sharing the dealer? im in the market in the next 2 weeks. thank you.

Good luck with inventory, se with tech starting to get slim at other dealers. Based on my rough estimate between Christmas and now (from cargurus 50 mile radius from Boston) went from ~150 to 100ish today. I can send you a PM.

But my general advice would be to email or contact all dealers within a reasonable driving distance, even if they have higher priced cars, and compare and contrast.

Hi,

I’m not sure if you were asking me, or the OP. But the deal I signed was with Autofair Volkswagen (Nashua, NH). I did have a pretty identical proposal from Commonwealth Volkswagen (Lawrence, MA), but I never ended up going there as I preferred the options for the vehicle at Autofair.

The General Sales Manager (Nick) at Autofair stepped in and gave good pricing up front (not sure if it was because of end of month). But it ended up being easy to get the deal done without too much hassle/time wasting. So I would recommend giving them a shot, if you are in the market. Good luck!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill