VW Atlas SE Tech lease

Hello all,

So I’ve been stalking this forum for a few weeks trying to get educated before signing a new lease. You guys are amazing and I’ve learned so much just by reading the forums. I appreciate any insight you can give! Looking for a three row SUV with second row captains chairs. I’ve test driven the Honda Pilot Touring, Chevy Traverse and VW Atlas. Pilot is out of the running. Went to get a quote for the Traverse and the lady literally ripped the lease quote from my hands and said I couldn’t take a picture of it! I couldn’t believe she was fighting me for a piece a paper (so I don’t have all the numbers for that one). Been dealing over the phone with a dealership an hour away from home and they didn’t hesitate to send me the numbers via text. Now I need your thoughts as to how good or bad this deal is…

2019 VW Atlas SE with tech V6 (Front wheel drive, captains chairs & panoramic sunroof)

South Florida
39 months/10K miles
MSRP: $40,870
Discount: $5,468.03
Sale price: $35,401.97
MF: .00083
Residual: 54%
Out of pocket: $1,000 + first month
Monthly: $452.50 (including tax)

Please and thank you in advance!!

Is that all selling price discount or is there an incentive?

If you like the Traverse, it should be the best lease by far when you find a transparent dealer. Incentives/MF/RV vary by trim so you need to find out which is best.

1 Like

I’m actually in the market looking at the same stuff, so please keep us posted on your final deal. I only received one solid quote so far from VW. It was end of July for a 2019 Atlas 4 Motion w/tech MSRP $42,619, 39mo / 12k. Price included my $500 military incentive. $615.45 out of pocket, plus dmv payment was $468.35 per month. This was direct through the sales manager with no negotiating. I still have 2 payments left on my current lease (2016 Pilot), so i decided to hold off and see how the programs were in September. I’ll try and snag a last minute end of the month deal, or i’ll hold out and see what the Oct programs are. Lease is due back Oct 10th, so i gotta do something.

I’m curious, why did you stop looking at the pilot?

I’m up in the air between the Pilot, Traverse and VW; however, I’m leaning hard towards the VW. I like that i don’t see many of them on the road.

I’m not sure, the lease manager didn’t specify. He used the word “discounted” so not sure if incentives are included in that number. I’m waiting on another dealer to give me their offer. A dealer closer to home said they couldn’t be anywhere near $450 a month with only $1,000 out of pocket for this particular trim.

I like the Traverse and figure it will be cheaper but it has a very basic interior. I want a panoramic sunroof and it’s only offered on the higher trim.

I really like the Pilot but the captains chairs are only offered on the Touring and Elite trims. I got a quote for the Touring, $1,000 out of pocket and $459 a month. Honestly, it came down to the overall look of Atlas (more sporty, modern, less traditional) cargo space and the panoramic sunroof. The Pilot Touring has a rear entertainment system which is pretty much useless nowadays that the kids have tablets. The Atlas has more space with the third row up and the panoramic sunroof.

I will keep you posted with any other information I can get. I’m hoping to finalize a deal today or tomorrow if the numbers are right!

1 Like

Bump… Can anyone help me with their thoughts on these numbers? Thank you!!

Find out how much of the discount is made up of incentives. From a brief look on Edmunds dealer cash looks to be ranging from 2 to 4k on the atlas.

Target 10% off msrp and add the incentives, every trim is different incentives. Once you got that, that’s a good deal, not unicorn but take it.

1 Like

I’m currently asking around dealers for the SE Tech AWD. The best offer I got so far was

“MSRP $41,124. Sales price $34,749 including incentives.” - $445 including taxes $0 down. No further breakdown was given.

A different dealer told me that incentives are 4250 and edmunds told me 3150. Regardless I’m trying to get a better sales price.

@matt1 not too bad… I got almost what you had, got it down to $33750 same msrp, all you need is to find a competitive dealer and it’s all yours. That’s what I did.

If I did the math right, 10% off MSRP is $4,087 and they are giving a discount of $5468. I don’t qualify for the college grad, military or first responder rebate either. I asked about the $1,000 drive bigger bonus but was told that’s only for finance deals.

The numbers don’t quite add up when I plug them into the leasehackr calculator. I keep getting a much lower monthly payment than the one the dealer gave me. I’m probably doing it wrong.

I’ve tried to get them to bring down the final sale price or the monthly payment but they won’t budge. Then again the rear captains chairs and panoramic sunroof I want add on $1,895 to the price.

10% off plus incentives aka lease cash, check edmunds forum regarding that. For example, mine was $41,750 less 10% msrp - $4025 lease cash for we tech 4motion. I got $8k discount

1 Like

You did see this front page post right? https://leasehackr.com/blog/2019/7/21/lease-the-very-big-vw-atlas-for-387month-0-down

That is CA, but you seem to have similar MF and incentives. Even if you’re not able to hit those exact numbers, it should give you an indication of what numbers you can push a bit more on

Thank you guys for the information. Based on this it definitely seems I can do better. Having a hard time getting information over phone/email, I’m going to keep shopping around and comparing.

Hi all!

I got this lease quote today. Don’t remember all the numbers right now (been a long day going from dealer to dealer) but here is the best deal I got. Thinking of going back tomorrow to finalize the paperwork.

SE with tech, rear captains chairs & panoramic sunroof
39/12
MSRP $42,070
Drive off $1,000
Monthly payment $441 including tax

What do you guys think?

gwet the real lease breakdown. there’s not much info on what you got.

1 Like

I just negotiated a deal yesterday for the Atlas SE w/tech, panorama roof/tow package/captains chairs for a 39m/12k mile lease with $2k down, taxes and fees up front for $360/m in NYC.

Edit: also qualified for first responder discount and BJ’s Wholesale club member discount.

1 Like

I really liked the Atlas V6 SE with Technology / 4MOTION. My friend who has the Audi A7 just bought the **Atlas V6 SE with Technology / RLINE / 4MOTION. In the end it came down to two things. We didn’t like how the entry into the rear seat functioned. It wasn’t as easy as in other models. That and price. We ended up with a Pilot EXL AWD shying away from Touring and Elite models with the 9 speed transmission. Still, the Atlas is alot of car for the money.

I am looking at the same cars. Been leasing with Honda for 10yrs. Just was quoted for 2019’Honda Pilot, Ex-L $389, 42 month and 10k miles.
Im on Long Island.

That’s terrible!